how do I enter password manually 3.6.22 mac

is there a way to enter info directly when 1password fails to open a new password window

1Password Version: 3.6.22
Extension Version: 3.9.21.90
OS Version: os 10.6.8
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search: 3.6.22 manual entry

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@veegee as your post relates to 1P3 for Mac I have moved the post from the 1Password for Mac forum to the 1P3 legacy forum where you will get more help.

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @veegee,

Thanks for taking the time to write in! I'd be happy to help you out here, but I'm not quite sure I understand the question.

Is 1Password failing to fill in items on websites? Or are you having difficulty entering information into the 1Password app. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can get to the bottom of this as soon as possible. :)

• veegee
    veegee
    Community Member

Hi, I sometimes enter a site that does not open a 1password "do you want to save this password" banner.
    in that case, I would like to create a 1password password and enter the info myself. Is that possible?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @veegee,

Thanks so much for clarifying! Yes, it is definitely possible to manually create entries in 1Password. Here's how to do so:

• Visit the site and fill the login form. Don't click the login button, just yet.
    • Click the 1Password extension, and unlock it if necessary
    • Click the + button in the corner.
    • Give the entry a unique and identifiable title.
    • Click Save.
    • Reload the page and see if 1Password fills in the site correctly.

You can also create entries using the main 1Password app, but doing it this way via our browser extension allows 1Password to learn exactly which fields should be filled and will often lead to a much better behaving Login item.

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have any further questions or concerns.

• veegee
    veegee
    Community Member

thank you. this is the answer I was looking for. great! Love 1 password.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Megan, you are most welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.