Request : display password instead of filling it

Options
pterray
pterray
Community Member

Hi,

I have at least 3 sites (banking and digital vault site) where the password needs to be filled with the mouse on a "virtual numeric keyboard". The number generated in the password field do not correspond to the real password. They must have a scrambling algorithm, so it is different each time.

Here is one of them : https://secure.digiposte.fr/identification (it is in french only, sorry).

The login, however, needs to be filled as usual.

What I would like is to have the possibility of displaying the password (in big type, for example) so I just have to fill it in myself, instead of having to reopen 1password and find the password again (after clearing the incorrect password field).

Could it be possible ?

Thanks,

Paul

1Password Version: 6.0.1
Extension Version: 4.5.3
OS Version: OS X 10.11.3
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:display automatically

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@pterray I think what you need to do is this:

1. Re-create and save the login manually without the code (i.e., just the user name).
    2. Leave the password field of the created login item blank.
    3. Create a custom field in your new login called something like security code. Set the field type of that entry to password (by clicking on the round circle with three dots in it at the right of the field). (That last step is important.)

Then when you log in to that site you do the following:

• Find the login item in 1Password mini, anchor it to the desktop (using the little anchor symbol in the bottom left of the window) and then do this for your security code field and choose large type—and you'll see exactly what you want. :)

(It should be a little easier than that—you shouldn't have to anchor the 1P mini login item—but there's currently a bug and if you don't do that the large type "password" will disappear as soon as you move from it to somewhere else on your screen.)

I know it all sounds a little complicated but it's actually quite easy once you've set it up.

Stephen

• pterray
    pterray
    Community Member
    Options

OK, it works, thanks.

However, it still force me to do several actions for this (and I use these sites regularly). Any way that I can see the password (or open 1p window) automatically ?

• Hi @pterray ,

Unfortunately, there's not a current way to do this. I've sent a request in to the development team so they can consider adding this capability in the future. In the meantime, Stephen's answer is the preferred one.

Regards,
    Kevin

ref: OPM-3217

This discussion has been closed.