i can't recover my 1password from my pc on icloud

Options
LiviaGC
LiviaGC
Community Member

I recently dropped my iphone 5 in the toilet, didn't go so well. I now have the iphone6s. I have restored most of everything easily, but this app is very very important and I can't figure out a way to restore it. When i click on the app and ask it to synch with iCloud it gives me an error message saying that there's Existing Data Not Found, when I KNOW IT'S THERE! On my phone under manage storage it shows that i have 78.9KB under my 1Password. It's clearly there and it knows it!! HELP PLeASE! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:restoring from icloud, kb:ios-itunes-backups, kb-search:new device restore from icloud, kb:icloud-faq, kb:switch-to-dropbox

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @LiviaGC,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. Do you have a backup of your data that you could restore?

Creating and restoring 1Password backups in iTunes (iOS)

If not, restoring a device backup may help:

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

We have heard reports from customers that in some cases it is necessary to restore the same backup twice in order to restore 1Password's data.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• LiviaGC
    LiviaGC
    Community Member
    Options

Ben, thank you for your help. But neither of those two options are a 'clear' option for me. What happened is that I hadn't backed up my phone for a few months, and when my phone died i got a new one. Well the new one was synced through icloud, for the most part worked. The weird thing about it is that my apps downloaded, but not completely. They showed on my phone but were not something i could click on. I had to delete everything and re download.

On option 1, when i go to apps and i click on 1password I don't get any options on the right hand side like it does in the example (backups). If i click 'add file' it gives me the option to download into it, but i can't find any 1password file.

The second link, 'restore from backup' isn't an option. It is currently updated.

HELP!

• Ben
    Options

@LiviaGC,

To be clear: you do not have any device backups or any 1Password backups? Without any backups we wouldn't have anything to restore from.

Please let me know.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.