I'd like to buy the 1Password Bundle, but use the Mac App Store 1Password, how can I do this?

Options
brandonsbillingham
brandonsbillingham
Community Member

If I buy the bundle from the Agile Bits store is it possible to then use 1Password from MAS without having to buy it again?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:mac-app-store-vs-agilebits-store, kb:switch-from-mac-app-store, kb:switch-from-agilebits-store

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@brandonsbillingham - No, there is no way to transfer a developer's license to Apple. But there is a way to do what you want. Buy a license from the Mac App Store. Then send a copy of Apple's receipt to support+licenses@agilebits.com and ask for the bundle price to add a Windows license. Include a link to this thread. When you receive the automated reply, you can help speed things along by posting the included support ticket number back here in this thread. AgileBits will arrange to sell you a Windows license that will bring your total outlay to the price of the bundle they sell.

Obviously it's your choice, but I'm curious why you might prefer to use the Mac App Store version instead of the one directly from AgileBits. It used to be that only the MAS version could use iCloud for syncing, but that is no longer the case. The two versions have no functional difference between them since version 6 was released. And AgileBits provides discounted pricing for registered users when paid upgrades come along. Apple doesn't have any provision for such discounts, so in the long run, Apple will be more expensive. That is, unless Apple finally allows upgrade pricing for registered users.

• brandonsbillingham
    brandonsbillingham
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your help.

I've been trying out the 1Password Windows app today and it seems to be a little neglected when compared with the OSX app. I'm going to leave it for now I think and review again in the future.

• We are working very hard to improve our Windows app to the same level. The Mac app had a bit of a head start. If you have questions at all, please feel free to reply. We'll be happy to help.

Cheers,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.