Is OpVault support in Android missing?

johnnagro
johnnagro
Community Member

I just got a new Android Phone, switching away from iOS (crazy I know!). I keep 1Password synced across all my devices with Dropbox. I use the upgraded OpVault format. When I was setting up my Android phone I noticed that I couldn't sync my vault. What gives?

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:opvault-overview

Comments

• johnnagro
    johnnagro
    Community Member

is there a way to convert my vault back into the old format?

• Hi @johnnagro. 1Password on Android doesn't yet use the OPVault format for Dropbox and local storage syncing. However Wi-Fi sync uses an internal version of the OPVault format. If you have your vault on a Mac or PC, you can sync an OPVault with Android using Wi-Fi if you like.

If you want to switch to an AgileKeychain so that you can sync using Dropbox, we can do that as well. Do you still have access to the old iOS device with your 1Password vault intact? Also, are you syncing with a Mac or PC? If not, do you have access to a Mac or PC?

• johnnagro
    johnnagro
    Community Member

Hey, @peri thanks for jumping in to help me out. At this point, I'd like to go back to the old format if that is possible. I am assuming you're not about to release Android support in the near term?

I have access to my iOS device, I also have access to 1Password on an OSX Mac (and for the record I also run the PC version on Linux via WINE but that's probably too weird to trust for an important data migration. I'll still want to hook it back up to the sync).

Please point me in the right direction. Thanks again for your help.

• peri
    edited January 2016

Thanks for the update, @johnnagro. We are indeed hoping to support the OPVault format on Android, though we don't have an ETA for it yet.

To create an .agilekeychain, just launch 1Password 4 for Android and tap, "Create new vault," and create a new vault from that device with the same Master Password that you use on your other devices. Then tap Settings > Sync and configure Dropbox sync.

Then launch 1Password on iOS and change sync. Select this new .agilekeychain vault. Then go ahead and do the same thing on Mac, and when you have all of your data migrated into that new vault, you can do the same in 1Password 4 for Windows.

Let me know if that does the trick! :)

• johnnagro
    johnnagro
    Community Member

@peri brilliant. it worked! One thing to note, in my particular setup I couldn't get it to work with an absolutely empty new vault. The iOS device could see the new vault but syncing did not work properly. I ended up adding a single junk item on the Android device and that seemed to get the iOS device sync to recognize things properly.

Thanks again for your help!

• Perfect! I'm glad to hear that did the trick. :) Let me know if you need anything else in the future!

This discussion has been closed.