how do i switch to dropbox sync in android? Only wifi is available as an option

Options
sirhc
sirhc
Community Member
edited January 2016 in Android

I installed 1password on both my windows machine and android phone and was using wifi sync. I have now saved the pw data to dropbox, but there is no option for dropbox sync when i open 1password on my phone. How do I switch the phone to dropbox sync? I have the latest versions of the software.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:how to switch to dropbox sync on android, kb:switch-to-dropbox, kb:switch-to-wifi, kb:switch-to-dropbox, kb:dropbox-troubleshooting

Comments

• peri
    Options

Hey there, @sirhc. 1Password 4 for Android allows you to configure any supported sync solution you like, but once sync has been configured, it's not possible to change syncing without first resetting or reinstalling the Android app.

First, please initiate Wi-Fi sync in order to make sure all of your data syncs over to Windows. Then you'll need to reset the app on Android. Open your device settings and select Apps > 1Password and tap Clear data.

Then you should be able to launch 1Password 4 for Android and configure sync with Dropbox. Let me know how that goes! Thanks!

• sirhc
    sirhc
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. That worked.

• peri
    Options

No problem! Glad that did the trick for you. :) Let us know if you need anything else!

This discussion has been closed.