1password 6-4 reinstallation

Options
robinbutton
robinbutton
Community Member

I had an IOS problem and had to have my hard drive completely erased. I downloaded 1password 6-4 and am attempting to open it. It doesn't open. I get the message "1password failed to connect to 1password mini". In Safari, I turned off 1password mini. I still get that message, even though it's turned off and the 1password app icon is no longer in my Safari toolbar. The 1password app is not in my applications folder. 1password is working fine on my iPad and iPhone. Any help is appreciated regarding getting my 1password reinstalled.

1Password Version: 6-4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.11.3
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• nathanvf
    nathanvf
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @robinbutton,

I'm sorry you are having these issues. When you say you have version 6-4, I'm not certain what version that is. Do you mean 6.0.1? Is this from our webstore or the Apple App Store?

So if you have completely re-installed your operating system from scratch. You would have to do a few things to get back up and running.
    1. Install and open 1Password
    2. Install the 1Password extension (you can do this from 1Password once it is running or find it in the extensions gallery).

You should make sure that there are not multiple copies of 1Password available on your computer. For example if you have an external drive with backups of your applications or something. 1Password works much better if there is only one copy of it in your Applications folder.

You should look for the duplicates of 1Password, remove them, and reboot your machine. When your computer comes back up you should try and open 1Password again and see what happens.

Hope this helps :chuffed:

• robinbutton
    robinbutton
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your reply! I discovered the problem. 1password was installed somewhere other than in the app folder. I deleted it, reinstalled in the app folder, and everything is perfect now. Thanks!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Nathan, you're very welcome! I'm happy to hear you were able to solve the problem. Hopefully it all continues to work well for you from now on, but if you run into more problems or have questions, just let us know - we're always glad to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.