iCloud Sync Option Not Appearing

Options
Mr_Mitten
Mr_Mitten
Community Member

Hi - I don't think my last email got through. Problem is as follows: I have 1Password on my iPhone, iPad - both syncing via iCloud. I just purchased 1Password for my Mac, through the app store (for sure). When I open it, it asks where I want to pull my data from. iCloud is NOT an option... just DropBox, this Mac, Backup, etc. From there if I go to the 1Password menubar, I can see Preferences, but it's not highlighted, so I can't access it. I can access preferences via the Window tab, and 1Password there (above Wifi Sync); however there is no option on any of those tabs for iCloud syncing. iCloud on my Mac is turned ON, as it is on both my devices. could you please help me out? Thanks,

J

1Password Version: 6.0.1.
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: El Capitan 10.11.2
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:icloud sync not available

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@Mr_Mitten I hope you don't mind if I just check with you one basic point. Have you already set up 1Password for Mac (i.e., with your master password) and unlocked it (using your master password)?

Stephen

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Mr_Mitten,

I'm so sorry you've been running into this problem! This is actually a known issue - normally you should see an iCloud option there, just as you would expect to. Our developers are working on correcting that, but in the meantime there is a simple workaround: Setup 1Password as a new user, and choose the exact same master password you've been using on your iOS devices. You'll end up with an empty vault, and then you'll be able to open your sync settings (i.e. go to the menu option for 1Password > Preferences, then select the Sync tab). You should be able to select iCloud sync there.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience! Hopefully this helps you get set up, but if you run into trouble with that or have any questions, please don't hesitate to let us know. :)

This discussion has been closed.