Password Generator should include a number

Options
wassupdoc
wassupdoc
Community Member

Most sites require at least 1 number when generating a password. I would love to use the 'words' type password if the option was there to add a number somewhere into it. Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:generator

Comments

• nathanvf
    nathanvf
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wassupdoc,

Thanks for the comment.

That's an interesting suggestion. In general we try to keep the password generators rich in features and controls, but still usable and properly secure and random.

I think the main problem is that we don't really much know or have control of what a website requires for passwords, and they often are somewhat arbitrary. Even more of a problem is that if we add too many options to the password generator, if you have the wrong settings you could create passwords that are actually less secure.

For me, if I encounter websites that require something like a number or a special character, I just generate a password of the correct size and add a few numbers or special characters to satisfy the site's requirements. This works pretty well and ultimately I don't change passwords all that often (I'm usually opening and filling).

Hope this helps.

This discussion has been closed.