My shared vault folder does not contain the .agilekeychain

Options
feliciaricci
feliciaricci
Community Member

Hi! I'm sharing a vault from my Mac with a 1Password Windows user. I have synced the vault to a Dropbox folder that I share with this person. I have given her the Master Password and instructed her to click on the .agilekeychain in the folder. The one catch is...there is no .agilekeychain. Inside the Dropbox folder, synced with the shared vault, I only see Shared Business.opvault and then you click on it and it says Default. What am I doing wrong?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:shared vault does not contain .agilekeychain

Comments

• ladislav_prague
    ladislav_prague
    Community Member
    Options

The same happened to me. I'm syncing data from 1Password version for OS X with Dropbox, by default using path "1Password/1Password.agilekeychain". When I'm trying to get data from Dropbox on my Windows 10 Lumia phone (having latest 1Password Beta installed), it doesn't work and I'm getting error message "No vaults found". Seems like 1Password is looking for vaults in the root folder, instead of 1Password folder.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @feliciaricci,

I sincerely apologize for the confusion! You're not doing anything wrong. The business.opvault is your 1Password datafile. The .agilekeychain is our older data format. In 1Password 6, we've made the new data format (the .opvault) the default, so any vaults created and synced in 1Password 6 will have the .opvault suffix.

If your friend clicks on the .opvault file, she'll be able to add the vault to 1Password. :)

Hi @ladislav_prague,

It looks like Sergey has responded to your post here. If you're able to send in the logs as he requests we'll have a better chance of tracking things down.

Thanks for your patience as we look for a solution. :)

• If you need to force Folder sync into using the .agilekeychain format, you can do so by setting the sync destination to a folder with a name ending with ".agilekeychain".

For example, if I create a folder on my Desktop named MyKeychain.agilekeychan (e.g. ~/Desktop/MyKeychain.agilekeychain/) and choose to that folder when setting up Folder sync, 1Password will convert that folder into an AgileKeychain bundle.

This can be useful when syncing with a version of 1Password that does not yet support the OPVault format.

This discussion has been closed.