Credit card security code

Options
skogsbo
skogsbo
Community Member

When filling in credit card information as a new item in 1Password there is a passwordgenerator icon right next to the field where i fill in my security code
So after filling in the three digit security code from my card and then press the button it scrambles my security code to a kind of a password
Is this scrambled security code still useable when autofilling creditcard info on some web store?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@skogsbo:

Is this scrambled security code still useable when autofilling creditcard info on some web store?

I'm not sure if you're talking about what we in the UK call the PIN number (a sort of personal ID number which you can change—if you follow the correct procedure with the card issuer) or what we call the verification number (which is the three digit number on the back of the card). If you mean the latter three digit number your certainly can't change it here in the UK. The verification number is something issued by the card provider and is fixed in association with the card.

In passing, I'm not quite sure why AgileBits has included a link to the password generator in the verification number field. I'm not sure it's even really relevant in the PIN number field (although I've not experimented with it to see if it's any use there).

Stephen

• skogsbo
    skogsbo
    Community Member
    Options

thanx i´ll just leave the security code unscrambled as it is.

• Aleen
    Aleen
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @skogsbo,

Thanks for taking the time to reach out :)

You'll want to leave the security code as it appears on the back of your card so that 1Password can fill forms correctly and you can access the correct information. If you have a random batch of letters and numbers in that field, that's what 1Password will fill in for you and display when you look at it.

I hope this helps! Please let us know if you have any other questions.

• skogsbo
    skogsbo
    Community Member
    Options

Thanx that explains it::))
    Have a nice day
    Michael

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Stephen and Aleen, you're quite welcome! If you have more questions or need anything else, be sure to let us know - we're always happy to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.