Search field not showing typed characters, even though it has focus

Options
semblance
semblance
Community Member

Hi, I'm experiencing a new intermittent problem in 1Password 6.0.1.

Sometimes when I switch to 1Password and click on the search field, I start typing but no characters appear. I can see that the field has focus from the blue border.

If I click again on the search field, all the characters I just typed suddenly appear.

Though I haven't seen this before, it appears to be the same as this bug reported in version 5.0.1.

1Password Version: 6.0.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @semblance,

I have seen this and for some daft reason it just never pushed itself to the front of my subconscious as a "make sure this gets fixed by the developers" which it really should have. I checked out the old bug report and it seems like we're dealing with something a little different this time as before we had very precise steps that allowed the bug to be reproduced but those same steps don't work. Even though we don't have precise steps that allow us to reproduce every time yet we've both seen the same thing - the tricky part is figuring out how to reproduce well enough that it gives the developers a chance to pin down the cause.

• semblance
    semblance
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @littlebobbytables - that's good I'm not the only one!

• semblance
    semblance
    Community Member
    Options

Actually I think I've just found a way to reproduce it - if I'm on Favorites then switch focus to the Search field, it always happens.

• semblance
    semblance
    Community Member
    Options

I spoke too soon... it's not as simple as that. But does sometimes happen when switching focus from a left-hand navigation element to the search field.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2016
    Options

Hi @semblance,

Thanks so much for sharing that observation! I was able to reproduce this behavior as well, rather intermittently, in All Vaults view as well as Primary, secondary and Teams vaults. I'm going to file a new bug report for this and discuss with our developers. Thanks again for bringing this bug to our attention! :+1:
    ref: OPM-3728

• semblance
    semblance
    Community Member
    Options

You're welcome @Vee!

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Even though this new bug is different from the one from version 5.0.1 mentioned in the other thread, I do expect we'll be able to fix it, though of course I can't say when.

Feel free to post again if you encounter any other bugs, have any questions, or just want to say hi. :) Cheers, and enjoy your weekend!

This discussion has been closed.