How do I completely uninstall 1PW. Want to start all over from scratch.

Options
JRSJR
JRSJR
Community Member

Bought original ver 3 from Mac store, upgraded to 1PW 4. Changed computers due to equipment failure and could not retrieve license. Thought I uninstalled 1PW, and downloaded 1PW 6 single license from Agilebits. Still have data from previous version in 1 PW 4 and it says I purchased from Mac store. I simply want to start over (clean, like 1PW never existed on this computer). Don't need any old stored data as I have it all written down and can easily rebuild. Using OS X El Capitan ver 10.11.2. 1Password 6
Version 6.0.1 (601003)
AgileBits Store

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@JRSJR this knowledge base article will help you:

How do I start over with an empty vault?

Please read the article carefully to make sure that's really what you want to do—and note that the instructions differ depending on whether you're using the Mac App Store version of 1P or the the AgileBits store version.

If you have any further problems after following the relevant procedure just post again and someone will help you.

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JRSJR,

Please let me know if the article that Stephen linked to has helped you start fresh! If you hit any snags in the process, we're here for you. :)

• JRSJR
    JRSJR
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Stephen_C. All is well!!!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JRSJR,

I'm so glad to hear that @Stephen_C's instructions got you sorted out - thanks for letting us know!

I hope that 1Password behaves perfectly for you from now on, but if you have any other questions or concerns, we're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.