The "Lock after computer is idle" is not working.

Options
Junoland
Junoland
Community Member

The "Lock after computer is idle" (which I have set to 30 mins) is not working. Doesn't shut down at all. Both the App and browser mini. Any ideas?

Same behavior in Safari and Firefox

1Password Version: 6.0.1
Extension Version: 4.5.2
OS Version: 10.11.3
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Junoland
    Junoland
    Community Member
    Options

BTW... this is a new behavior that - did not - begin immediately on updating to latest version 6.0.1

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@Junoland there is an existing thread about this behaviour: see this AgileBits' comment in that thread.

Stephen

• Junoland
    Junoland
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Stephen. Yes, I read through that thread previously. However closely related, I don't believe it reads onto my issue.

I've always relied on the auto lock after the preset number of minutes. It is this function that is no longer working....

• Hi @Junoland,

Thanks for writing in. That does indeed sound like a bug, and I'd like to better understand what's going on here. Can you tell me if the same thing happens for you while the main app is not running?

Obviously locking properly is really important for us (and you!), so if there's anything funny going on here, we want to get it fixed up.

Rick

• Junoland
    Junoland
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Rick. I'been using 1P since its inception and the is the first serious bug I've encountered.

Yes, it's consistent in all conditions. Main app solo, main app + mini, and just mini. I wish I could tell you when this started, but I've become so reliant on 1P's perfect performance I've lost the habit of paying close attention to it.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Junoland,

This one will require a bit of testing I think. I tried with much smaller values of idle and got some odd results back. When setting it to 2 minutes it once took 6 minutes (literally no idea why) and after that it twice returned 2.5 minutes. Then I tried 3 minutes and it was pretty accurate. Once I gain access to my proper computer again this one can become the test machine that I can ignore for periods of time as obviously 3 minutes isn't very brave and for all we know it might be a lot more obvious with higher numbers.

We will look into this. I don't know if it will be a suitable alternative for now while we test, diagnose and fix but I make use of

• Lock on sleep
    • Lock when screen saver is activated
    • Lock when fast user switching

and when combined with the screensaver it locks both my Mac and my vault. I realise it's not ideal if you prefer to use the idle lock preference but maybe it might be acceptable while we figure this out.

This discussion has been closed.