1Password and Paypal

souwalker
souwalker
Community Member
edited December 2010 in 1Password 4 for Windows
I signed into Paypal and 1Password window did not prompt me to save login details. Dow 1Password work with Paypal?

Some other forum site do not work either. 1Password does not prompt to save the userna,e/pasword. Quite disappointed :-)

rgds

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2010
    Sorry for the disappointment, souwalker! :(

Considering the millions of web sites coded by tens of thousands of developers all over the world, it's inevitable that some sites will be a problem for 1Password.

Whenever 1Password fails for some reason to offer to save a Login automatically, the first thing to try is to save one manually, as described in Saving a Login item in the Tutorials section of the user's guide.

We realize that those directions currently don't help if you're using 1Password with Chrome. You'll have to switch to Firefox or Internet Explorer long enough to save the Login; then you can switch back to Chrome to use it for logging in to the site.

We apologize for that inconvenience.
  • souwalker
    souwalker
    Community Member
    edited May 2011
    I am using Firefox. I will use the manual option to see how this goes.
    Rgds
    pat
  • milkywaif
    milkywaif
    Community Member
    edited May 2011
    My paypal login works with 1pw, though I saved it manually if I remember correctly.
  • Whenever paying with Paypal and getting redirected to their website where you can enter your user credentials on the right hand side, you could also sign up as a non-user with all your data on the left hand side. Now, whenever I use 1Password to log in, 1Password does not only fill out the user part on the right hand side, but also the e-mail field on the left hand side. As a result, Paypal does not log me in and I have to manually delete the email addresses from the fields on the left before being able to log in properly.

Is this a known problem and how could I fix this?

Thanks for your help!
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forum, funky77!

I'm not able to reproduce that behavior.

I just made a purchase through the AgileBits online store, selected the PayPal payment option, and was directed to the PayPal payment page. There I chose to pay with my PayPal account and was directed to the PayPal sign-in page, which includes a sign-in form and a sign-up form (for people who don't yet have a PayPal account).

Both appear on the right side of the page, as you can see in this video: http://screencast.com/t/rNCkEZZXk

When I clicked the 1P button in the Firefox toolbar and selected the PayPal account I wanted to use, 1Password filled in the username (Email) and password fields correctly. I expanded the bottom half (the sign-up form for new accounts) to check the results, and none of the fields there had been filled in.

If you can provide more information about how to see the problem, we'll be happy to take another look.

Generally, though, I can confirm that 1Password does work with the PayPal payment system—I use it fairly frequently.
  • Thanks so much for the quick feedback. I just saw it today...

I am from Germany and not sure if that is the reason, but the Paypal landing page when paying from a German shop looks different. It contains the "sign up" section on the left and the "sign in" section on the right with no expandable sections on the site.

I must admit, though, that I cannot reproduce the problem in the AgileBits shop either...

So far, thanks for your help. If I encounter the problem again, I will post a screenshot here!

Greetings from Germany
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Sunds good, funky77!

Thanks for updating the thread.
This discussion has been closed.