1 password error when logging into saved website

electricperk
electricperk
Community Member

I am trying to log into website which has been saved in my logins and getting an error, "oops we couldn't process your request, sorry we couldn't process this request" What do you recommend? I have already deleted the website and had reentered into my logins.

1Password Version: 6.0.1
Extension Version: 4.5.3
OS Version: 10.11.3
Sync Type: ???
Referrer: forum-search:1 password error message when logging into website which has been saved "oops we couldn't process your request"?

Comments

• nathanvf
    nathanvf
    1Password Alumni

Hi @electricperk,

Sorry you're having this issue.

When you say you removed the site and re-entered it. Can you try instead to create a brand new item for the website? It's possible that there are some issues with what was saved.

But what I'd like to do is try it out for myself. Can you please tell me what website exactly you're trying to log into?

Thanks.

• electricperk
    electricperk
    Community Member

Thanks Nathan, It is www2.onlinecreditcenter6.com it is the log in to Sam's club consumer credit online account management.
    I am able to use my log in and password without the 1 password log in. But when I click the website with 1 password log in I get the error.
    Thanks, Allan

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @electricperk,

Thanks for letting us know the URL!

When I go to that site, I see the following:

That appears to be an HTTP Authentication popup window, and unfortunately, the 1Password extension cannot currently fill those windows directly. In a nutshell, 1Password needs to interact with a login form on a website, but an HTTP Authentication window is coming from the browser, and appears before the website loads. You'll need to copy and paste your login credentials from 1Password into that window. We have more information about that here: How do I fill HTTP Authentication popup windows?

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you about that! Hopefully this at least helps to explain why it isn't working as expected, but if you have more questions about that, please let us know - we're here for you! :)

• electricperk
    electricperk
    Community Member

Drew, I tried using my user name and password into the HTTP authentication window and didn't work.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @electricperk,

You previously mentioned you were still able to sign into that site without using 1Password to fill your credentials. Did you mean you manually typed your username & password into that HTTP Authentication popup window? If manually typing works, but copying/pasting from 1Password doesn't work, that probably means the username or password saved in 1Password is incorrect. If you open the main 1Password app and find that Login item, does it show the exact same username & password you type manually? (If password fields are hidden, you can hold down the option key to temporarily reveal the password.)

If the username & password in your Login item look the same as what you type, you can try copying/pasting them into a text editor (like TextEdit) and compare them to what you type manually. You can also try copying/pasting those credentials from the text editor into the HTTP Authentication popup window to see if they work. If they don't work, something must be different about them then what you type manually.

Does that help to find the problem?

This discussion has been closed.