Is there a way to use Firefox 43 on OS X 10.6.8 with 1Password 3? My iMac can not run newer OS.

I have an older iMac with 10.6.8 and the newest I could run would be 10.7 (don't want to because of software requirements). I have 1Password 3.8.22 and would like to run the latest Firefox. When I disable signatures required in Firefox, I am able to get 1Password to load as an unverified extension. But when I restart Firefox, I do not find the icon for 1Password. I even tried the customize option for the toolbar and it was not available. How can I get this to work with current setup?

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: 3.9.20
OS Version: OS X 10.6.8
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: ug:windows/introducing-1password, ug:windows/get-started, ug:windows/introducing-1password, kb:cannot-install-extension, kb:legacy-versions

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @BigfootMN,

As your question relates to one of the older versions of 1Password for Mac I've moved your query to our 1Password 3 for Mac section.

Probably the best source of information regarding this issue is detailed in 1Password 3 extension missing in Firefox 40 or later. The gist is the older 1Password 3 Firefox Extension will not work in any version of Firefox 40 or newer. At the same time they introduced extension signing and made it mandatory they also removed a UI library that our older extension relied on. They first tagged it as deprecated in a version of Firefox that came out after we stopped working on 1Password 3 and then much later they removed the deprecated library which causes the extension to break. The guide will explain what few options are available. Your best option for now is probably Firefox ESR which is covered in the link.

If you have any questions at all following the article please do let us know.

This discussion has been closed.