Copies of Entries in several vaults: synchronize or replicate?

Options

I love "for teams" and hope for a reasonable pricing for my family.

I do understand some of the concept of copy from one vault to another does not create a link between those two entries. Still I feel it would be wonderful to have linked or synchronized or replicated entries as an option. That way I do not have to open all vaults with many entries I do not want to see.

1Password Version: 6.01
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.11.3
Sync Type: teams

Comments

• rob
    Options

Hi, @gnarreb, and welcome to our forum!

We're excited to announce family pricing soon, and I think you will like it. :)

Could you explain your use case for replicated entries between vaults? Note that you can set "All Vaults" to exclude certain vaults that you don't want to see on a regular basis.

On the other hand, say John and Sally are married and they want their vaults to be separate (because Sally doesn't want to see John's Facebook login every time she wants to log into Facebook), but they also want to share some items. Rather than both having access to both vaults and copying the shared items back and forth between them, they could have one single shared vault and keep their own vaults private. Then, "All Vaults" would show each of them only the things that are in their own Personal vault along with the few things they put in the Shared vault.

That's basically the solution we suggest in general, but I'm curious to hear your thoughts and why something like that might not work for you.

• gnarreb
    gnarreb
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Rob!
    Thanks for your answer. I think it is a mixture of me still keeping a personal vault with all content on my devices, synchronized by WLAN or iCloud. So when I move stuff to a vault of another person, I still would like to keep "control". It is my understanding the distributed vaults to the team members are all Read/write for them. In some cases I would like to keep the right to change content with the Admin.

I have now understood I can change the vaults opened as default in the settings. This solves 80% of the problem but creates a new one: If I want to have the content of several Vault shown together I have to change the preferences. Or is there a way to select several vaults in the the vault selection?

Thomas

• rob
    Options

Hi, Thomas (@gnarreb).

If you're using 1Password for Teams, you can control each team member's access to a particular vault. So you could create a vault and give yourself full access to it and give everyone else only Read access. I think that would let you solve the problem, keeping the items only in the second vault, while still making sure you are the only one who can change them. Note that this level of control is not possible with non-team vaults.

It's not possible at this time to view the contents of several selected vaults together without using All Vaults, but yes, that does require you to set the selected vaults in preferences.

This discussion has been closed.