Extremely Let down by 1password

Options
Userab123
Userab123
Community Member

I use your app every day. Android 5.1.1 on a Galaxy note edge.

I bought both the Mac and android versions. waited for over 1 year for you to put in the fingerprint unlock.

Read that I had to wait until the new release of android on my device in Feb. Well here I am in feb with my new os and still no fingerprint unlock.

I am now finished waiting! looking to replace your app with one that does fingerprint unlock.

Sad because I told 25 people how great your app is and to be patient as you said it will be available when the new OS is on my phone. YOU made me look like a liar.

goodbye

Comments

• EnerJi
    EnerJi
    Community Member
    Options

Your phone needs two things to support fingerprint unlock:
    1) Android 6 is required as it has the necessary fingerprint API
    2) A version of 1Password which supports fingerprint unlock

You must have recently received a different Android upgrade (perhaps a monthly security patch), since you say you're still on 5.1.1. Per some online blogs, your phone is rumored to receive Android 6 in 2-3 months, at which point it will have the necessary API support.

1Password currently has a partial fingerprint implementation available in their beta channel, so by the time your phone receives Android 6 there's an excellent chance that fingerprint support will have reached the "stable" channel.

That said, I don't blame you one bit for thinking that this is too little, too late and leaving anyway.

• Hi @Userab123. First let me say I'm sorry to hear that you're leaving us! We never want to disappoint our users, and we hate to see you go. :(

As EnerJi pointed out, we've added support for Fingerprint Unlock to our latest beta update, and it will be released in a stable update soon. Fingerprint Unlock is available on devices that support the fingerprint framework in Android Marshmallow. That is currently limited to the Nexus 5X and 6P, but as more manufacturers provide updates to existing devices and release new devices, the number of supported devices will grow.

We understand that you have to do what's best for you, and if you decide to give 1Password another shot in the future, we'll be more than happy to help with anything you need.

This discussion has been closed.