Do passwords update in multiple vaults?

Options

I'm new to 1Password and am looking for the best way to set up our Team and coordinating password vaults.

We may have an instance where the same password needs to be in multiple vaults. For example, on our team, we may have one vault for web developers and one vault for marketing managers, but the password for our social media sites may need to be in both. When updating that password with automatic saving of new Logins enabled, will the pass update in both vaults?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:teams-admin-getting-started, kb:change-website-password, kb-search:update password in multiple vaults, kb:sync-options, kb:change-website-password

Comments

• rob
    Options

Hi, @casey_eezy, and welcome to 1Password and our forum! :)

Passwords belong to the vaults that contain them and they cannot be linked between vaults. However, you may create as many vaults as you'd like, and that's the best way to control access to things people need to share.

So, for your case, it sounds like you need a "Social" vault that contains the passwords for Facebook, Twitter, etc. Then you can give that vault to your web development team and your marketing team and the information will be shared using just that one vault. So your web team will have the "Web" vault and the "Social" vault, and your marketing team will have the "Marketing" vault and the "Social" vault.

At some point you might hire someone whose sole job is to manage the social accounts, but they don't need marketing passwords or web development passwords. So then you'd be able to add them to just the "Social" vault, and they'd be good to go.

I hope that helps! Please let me know. :)

• casey_eezy
    casey_eezy
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you! That helps a lot

• rob
    Options

You're more than welcome, @casey_eezy! Glad that helps. :)

This discussion has been closed.