Multiple identities randomly disappeared, put in Trash with no user action

Options

We were using 1 Password 6 most up to date Teams Beta and were at a clients. We were editing our identity for them (in our 1 password for teams company vault) when two identities randomly disappeared (we were editing one of the identities), and were simply trying to type in the notes section. These identities were found moments later in the trash (we don't believe they were there for a minute or two). We noticed there is no key command for "move to trash", and also if we had pressed the delete key, a prompt would come up and confirm our decision. So the identities simply moved themselves to the trash without any action on our part. We rely on 1Password for our business, and cannot have things like this happen, so hopefully we can identify what happened, and make sure it doesn't happen again. Thanks!

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.0.1 (601003) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.11.3 (15D21)
Sync Type: 1 Password for teams
Referrer: forum-search:Disappearing identities

Comments

• rob
    Options

Hi, @MacHelp, and welcome to our forum!

I'm sorry my welcome is under such disturbing circumstances. I've never heard of an issue like this before, and I'm not sure exactly what happened, but I have a couple thoughts.

There is a key command for moving an item to the trash without getting a prompt. It's Command-Delete. Now, if you're editing a note on an item, that command is just going to delete to the beginning of the line, like it would in any text editor, so it doesn't sound like you could have been the one to delete the items. However, is it at all possible that someone else on your team with access to those items deleted them while you were with your client? It could have been just as accidental using that shortcut, but that is the only thing I can think of.

It may be best to continue this conversation via email at support@1password.com so we can discuss details related to your specific account. If you email us, please include my name (Rob Yoder), and I'll be notified.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.