Move from guest to team

Options

Changing guest to team member in team password. I accidentally added her as guest. Can't seem to add her to team since her email is already recognized. How do I get her into the team vault? I'm starting to hate this process. Huge pain and not intuitive.

Comments

• rob
    Options

Hi, @RebekahB, and welcome to our forum!

I'm really sorry for the frustration. 1Password for Teams is still in beta, so there are a few rough edges, and it looks like you landed on one. At this point, there's no way to convert a Guest to a Team Member, but that's something we can definitely add. For now, you can just delete her account and invite her email address again.

Since Guests do not have Personal vaults, any information she may have added would be in a vault that you created to share with her, so deleting her account would not remove that vault, and when you invite her back as a Team Member, you can add her back to that vault so she has all her information again. This whole paragraph only matters if she's added information to a vault, though. :)

I hope that helps! We're here for you, and we love hearing feedback like this about pain points in the app, so thank you!

• RebekahB
    RebekahB
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks so much. Happy to know improvements are in the works.

• @RebekahB On behalf of Rob, you're welcome. :) Let us know if you have any other questions.

This discussion has been closed.