My 1Password Troubleshooting report asks me to check updates, and it says it is up to date-- HELP!

I have a red exclamation point on my Chrome toolbar 1Password icon. I followed it to the Troubleshooting Report, checked for updates and was told I was up to date. That maxes out my tech skills and I am fearful that, should I have to shut down my iMac, I won't be able to restart 1Password-- and I depend on 1Password's handling the large number of passwords I have in it!! Please help!!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• elliot_zelevansky
    elliot_zelevansky
    Community Member

I also tried to leave the following info: 1Password Vers. 3.8.22 (build 32010), Extension vers. 3.9.21.90, OSX 10.11.3, Sync Type iCloud,
    but I got a box saying I needed to confirm my email (ezphd@me.com). When I clicked THAT link, I got a window saying my email was already confirmed--- PLEASE help me get this straightened out!! Many thanks in advance!!

• Hi @elliot_zelevansky! Sorry for the trouble. 1Password 3 is actually a much older version of the app. You are up to date in a sense of that version, but we're now at version 6. Upgrading will likely fix the issues you're having with Chrome. You can use your current license to get a discounted upgrade by just heading over to https://agilebits.com/store/upgrade :) I resent your license to the email address you used to sign up on these forums.

To get things upgraded, just follow this guide:

How do I upgrade 1Password for Mac from version 3?

Let us know if you have any questions at all.

• elliot_zelevansky
    elliot_zelevansky
    Community Member

Hi Penderworth-- Thanks for the guidance above-- Not sure what steps I did exactly, but I now see on my Chrome toolbar TWO Key icons with Red Exclamation points, and ONE "Keyhole" Icon. The Keyhole Icon seems to have all my logins, credit cards, identities, passwords, etc. in the window it opens. Of course, I have NOT tested all the passwords saved there, so I am reluctant to delete (assuming I can do that) the other 2 Key icons. Importantly, the one password I use most (for my brokerage account) shows up correctly under the "Keyhole" Icon, but does NOT enter into the password box on the login page. Can you help me fix this please? Thanks in advance!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @elliot_zelevansky,

Here is what I would recommend.

Until you're confident everything has been move over correctly and you're happy with 1Password 6 for Mac, I would simply disable the old 1Password 3 Chrome Extension and not uninstall. As long as you only disable it can be easily re-enabled with no loss. Uninstalling it would delete the Chrome Database that the older extension uses.

1. Open Chrome.
    2. Visit chrome://extensions/
    3. Disable the 1Password 3 Chrome Extension(s) by unchecking the Enabled checkbox.

This will stop the older versions appearing for now.

For the Login item you're having trouble with can I ask you to try the following for me please. Can you try creating a brand new Login item by following the steps on our page, How to manually save a Login. You should hopefully be able to copy and paste the information from the old Login item from the main 1Password window and then with a little luck the new Login item will properly understand what fields need to be filled with what information.

Please do let us know if this helps at all.

• elliot_zelevansky
    elliot_zelevansky
    Community Member

Thanks littlebobbytales, and to all of you who commented with guidance and suggestions. I believe I am good to go now and very relieved to feel that I cna again rely on 1Password! My best to you all! Elliot

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

and thank you for letting us know things seem to be working again @elliot_zelevansky :smile: While much is the same (in terms of the basics) there are a number of changes in 1Password for Mac too. If you have any questions at all about the new version please do visit the forums as we review and respond to all posts.

This discussion has been closed.