Hi, I am having a problem syncing my 1password to iCloud using the agilebits trial version.

Options
Jo_David
Jo_David
Community Member

I have the trial version of 1Password on my new Mac. I am struggling to get it synced with iCloud so that I can start using it.
When I follow the log-in instructions for iCloud, I get the recurring error message: "Failed to verify your identity. Try again." I have logged in to iCloud to check there is no issue there.
Any help with this would be great!

Comments

• 1matthewics
    1matthewics
    Community Member
    Options

I am having a similar challenge. I downloaded the trial version on my home laptop (mac air, Yosemite) and set up a few passwords. then I did an icloud sync to my iPhone6. All good.

Came to work, downloaded the app to my Mac desktop and purchased the license. But the option to sync via iCloud is not appearing in my menu options when I launch 1 password.

And since I changed my email passwords, this is a big hassle! thanks for advice

• Hi @Jo_David! We'd be happy to help get things back on track. What's your default browser on your Mac? It can sometimes come into play with setting up iCloud since it opens the iCloud website. I'd suggest changing it to Safari really quick to see if that makes a difference. You can do so in the General pane of System Preferences.

@1matthewics It sounds like you might be using an older version of 1Password on your work computer. You'll need 1Password 6 to use iCloud sync in the AgileBits Store copy of the app. To update, just launch the app, click the 1Password menu, and click Check for Updates. If you already have version 6, please post a screenshot of your Preferences window. If you need any help taking a screenshot, there is a nice guide over here.

Once you have the image, make sure to remove or mask any private info since this is a public forum. Then just attach it to your post by clicking the document icon and clicking Choose Files. Here's what that looks like:

• 1matthewics
    1matthewics
    Community Member
    Options

the challenge i face is the preferences option is greyed out. I can't even select it.

I am using V6 - just downloaded it this morning

when I launch the program I do not get the icloud sync option

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @1matthewics,

Thank you so much for the screenshot! You do indeed have 1Password 6, and I'm sorry you aren't seeing the iCloud option during the setup. This is actually a known issue - normally you should see iCloud listed there along with the other options. Our developers are working on correcting that, but in the meantime there's a simple workaround:

• Setup 1Password as a new user and choose the exact same master password you've been using on your other devices.
    • Once you have a new, empty vault, go to the menu for 1Password 6 > Preferences.
    • Select the Sync tab, then change the sync option from None to iCloud.
    • Follow any additional steps to sync your 1Password data from iCloud.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience! Hopefully this helps you get set up, but if you run into trouble with that or have any questions, please don't hesitate to let us know. :)

• shanrod
    shanrod
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Drew, Thank you for sharing the solution! I have been trying for hours to figure this out! This really should be shared with any currently purchasing thru the website! It would save a lot of people grief. I thought it was an issue with my apple ID so i reset that and then upgraded all my OS X thinking that was the issue! (Something I really didn't want to do because of specific programs)

Best, Shannon

• 1matthewics
    1matthewics
    Community Member
    Options

Drew,

worked liked a charm.

To Shanrod's comment, you should put this in the FAQ or instructions. At least until the engineers make the fix.

• @shanrod @1matthewics On behalf of Drew, you're most welcome. Glad to hear things are nice and sorted out. :) I'll talk to our docs team to see if we can get that added to our iCloud document or something. Sorry for the confusion.

This discussion has been closed.