Will it be possible to attach pictures to iOS Pro version of 1password? It would be really useful.

Options
juanmamz
juanmamz
Community Member

When would you add the feature of attaching pictures to iOS Pro version of 1password? Thanks

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS9
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: kb:pro-features-faq, kb:upgrade-license

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @juanmamz

Thanks for taking the time to write in. We don't have any specific plans at this point, but it is a fairly frequently requested feature. It is something we'd like to be able to do, but would take a fair amount of work 'under the hood.'

Ben

• DoubleA
    DoubleA
    Community Member
    Options

I'm needing to attach photos of my membership cards to my iOS (iPhone)account. Is this possible as help for for Mac.
    Thanks - Andrew

• Ben
    Options

Hi Andrew ( @DoubleA ),

I've merged your thread with another on the same topic. Please see above. While we'd really like to implement a feature to enable attachments to be added from 1Password for iOS it would take a lot of 'under the hood' work, and we have not made that commitment at this time. It is still under consideration though.

Ben

• viswiz
    viswiz
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben ( @bwoodruff ),

please add me to the list of people who would like to add attachments on iOS (iPad Air and iPhone in my case).

Speaking about feature disparity between OSes. Do you have any kind of comparison chart/table that shows the availability of 1Password features on all OSes? I know about some differences in syncing and attachment handling but there is probably more.

Kai

• Ben
    Options

Hi Kai,

Unfortunately I'm not aware of any such chart, even internally. We release updates across all of our platforms fairly frequently, and cross-platform consistency (where possible) is one of our long term goals. As such maintaining such a chart would be fairly difficult and time consuming.

Consider your vote added for adding attachments from iOS. :)

Ben

• gschooley
    gschooley
    Community Member
    Options

I feel not permitting your very loyal iOS App customers to NOT add attachments is a giant disservice to us. I hear Agilbits whine when their customers plead with you but you complain it hard. Hard, suck it up! The only reason you are treating your iOS customers this way is to force them to buy the expensive OSX version, like me. With the iPad Pro I am about 99.9% off the laptop. The number one reason to go back to the 0.1% is to use the Mac App to attach a document to 1Password for use on my iOS devices. I truly believe you have one of the best utility apps out there. I religiously use it, trust it and convinced many people to use your product. I also believe this is one of the most solid potential 5 star plus apps on the App Store. But I will continue to give you 3 stars till you deliver what we deserve, attaching docs with the IOS app.

• steveyg777
    steveyg777
    Community Member
    Options

I agree with gschooley. The amount of issues people ask for (and there are about of us wanting these features) and you just say lame things like "is under consideration" etc. It's ridiculous! You have been "considering" meeting abilities for a couple of years! It's down right ignorant, lazy and neglectful towards your customers! The apps cost a fortune and you have a crap attitude of feeling like you can just fob is off. It would be more understandable if the requests were really obscure and fairly irrelevant but these are some core, important features that would make using and managing or data a hell of a lot easier which would mean much more satisfied and happy customers.

I really don't care about 3d touch id implementation etc when youre completely ignoring such basic and essential features (like merging)

I am aware of the amount of updates and so is clear you aren't lazy developers, just ignorant more-so

• steveyg777
    steveyg777
    Community Member
    Options

Yep. I don't feel they care to be honest

• Ben
    Options

Hi folks,

It seems emotions are running a little high here. Let me start by saying I understand that this has been a long standing request and that it is frustrating to see no movement on this. It is something I personally would very much like to see come to iOS, as I use iOS almost exclusively now. I pick up a Mac once in a while when I need to do some heavy lifting, but for the most part all of my work (and play) is done on iOS. So I understand the annoyance of having to go to a Mac (or Windows PC) to add an attachment, especially when that attachment is on your iOS device.

The thing is we haven't been able to come up with a reliable way to implement this. It is a technical problem, not a business one. From a business perspective we absolutely want to add this feature. From a technical perspective, it has bitten us. I'd much rather reply to 100 customers that are frustrated that we haven't added this feature yet than have to reply to 1 that has lost data because we let it out the gate when it wasn't fully baked.

There is a fair amount of infrastructure work that we have to do before we can bring full attachment support to iOS. Right now our primary focus is on 1Password for Teams. That doesn't mean that we aren't continuing to make improvements and fixes to 1Password for iOS as a standalone product, but it does mean taking on that infrastructure work right now would spread our development resources too thin.

I know this isn't the answer you were hoping for, and for that I apologize, but I wanted to express that the difficulty isn't that we don't want to do this or that we aren't listening to you folks. It is that there are only so many hours in the day.

I'm still hopeful that this is a need that we can address in the future, but unfortunately it will not be the immediate future.

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.