Feature Request: Slack Integration

Options

Wasn't able to find a specific feature request button. Will put it here and maybe others can bump if they like the idea?

Can we please have some Slack Integration?
ChatOps is a terrible name but explains nicely the concept being used by many teams now to have systems put event notifications into a Slack channel.
No reason why 1password for teams shouldn't have this functionality.

Pretty please?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @AUSFestivus! That could be interesting. :) What did you have in mind for the integration? If you could describe a few use cases, that'll give us a chance to determine the plausibility of integrating with Slack. We at AgileBits use Slack daily, but I've not seen an instance where a Teams integration would come in particularly useful, so I'm curious to know what you have in mind.

• AUSFestivus
    AUSFestivus
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @penderworth.

What I'm imagining is a Nortifications engine in 1P4T. Notifications can be toggled on and off for vaults on a vault by vault basis.
    Different events would generate different notifications:

• CRUD on Vaults and Vault items (can filter by event type and user)
    • CRUD on User Accounts
    • Alerts on suspicious account activity
    • Alerts on accounts being accessed from new devices, similar to the way it sends an email to the account holder now I think?

Notification engine can then offer different alerting types:

• Slack
    • Email (yuck)
    • SNMP (yuckier but probably a must have for the enterprise product)
    • Other? (check out the list of Slack integrations https://slack.com/apps for ideas)
  • rob
    rob
    edited February 2016
    Options

@AUSFestivus, thanks for the ideas! Yeah, a Slack integration would be great. @penderworth didn't know this, but we were already hoping to do this. It might not be for a while since we have several other big priorities, but it's definitely on our radar.

Thanks again!

ref: b5-632

• AUSFestivus
    AUSFestivus
    Community Member
    Options

Just as an addition to this, providing a very detailed audit/event log for ALL vault activities is likely to be a must have for enterprises. Having an audit trail of who did what and when to what for all users is important to some security conscious organisations.

• ssoroka
    ssoroka
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey AUSFesetivus,

Auditing is already built in to 1Password for Teams, I think we're just missing a page to display it. This is definitely going to be a feature that we're including for our enterprise plan.

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.