1pw for mac crashes after trying to open an document

Options
ntimo
ntimo
Community Member
edited February 2016 in Business and Teams

Hello,

I just created a document in chrome over the webinterface of 1pw for Teams with the latest beta. Its a docs file of my time table just for testing. Than I tryed opening that in 1PW on my mac and the Mac App crashed. I tryed this two times. I already send in an crash report.

With opening I mean clicking on it in the list of documents.

1Password Version: 6.0.2-beta3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OSX El Capitan
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @ntimo! Sorry about that. I tried to reproduce the issue on my end and wasn't able to. What kind of document are you trying to open? I can try a specific filetype to see if that may have caused the issue.

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

@penderworth I could send in the document to the support mail if you want its just my school timetable. Its a docx file

• Jacob
    edited February 2016
    Options

@ntimo Thanks for the info. Another member of the team was able to reproduce the issue. Definitely not a fun one! I passed the steps to reproduce it along to our development team so they can figure out what's happening and get it fixed. I'm so sorry for the trouble. In the meantime, please create Documents in the Mac app. Thanks again for reporting this. :)

ref: b5-1068

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    Options

@penderworth any news? About a fix for the Issue

• ssoroka
    ssoroka
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey ntimo,

It looks like we've patched the issue internally and it's just going through code review right now. It should be released soon!

Steven

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    Options

@ssoraka Thanks for the good new. How long will the code review take? Can't wait for the Bugfix. And will I have to reupload the Document for the fix to apply?

• Jacob
    edited February 2016
    Options

@ntimo Soon is the only timeline we can promise. ;) You shouldn't have to upload the document again for things to work properly. Keep an eye on the top of the Teams forum for an announcement about a new version.

This discussion has been closed.