Tapping on search result jumps back to start screen

Options
xannasavin
xannasavin
Community Member

First of all: Great UX you did with the new v6, though the search might be placed on a better place ;)

I am using 1Password on my Android.
Galaxy S5
PhoenixRom with Root
Keychain on SD, sync via Synology

Since the change from Stock Android 4.x (also rooted, same setup with sd and synology) to PhoenixRom with Android 5.0 I experience this strange behavior:
Whenever I search for a password and tap on one of the results, one password jumps back to the category overview.
When "auto sync" is activated it shows the same dialogue like after syncing when it jumped back, but with "0" synced items.

I hoped this will be gone with the new version 6, but unfortunately it is not - and it's really annoying.
My workaround is to have the most used items in folders, but the search is of course essential!

Please help

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 5
Sync Type: Synology Cloud

Comments

• Thank you for the kind words about version 6.0, @xannasavin! I'm really loving the new design as well. As for better placement of search, the team just released a new 6.1 beta that has redesigned things there. Search is much more discoverable now. You mentioned you rooted your phone, so I think you would enjoy joining our beta family. If I'm right, you can see this forum thread on instructions on how to enable betas within Google Play.

And thanks for reporting these issues. I have to say I've never heard of these problems before, so I'm not going to be the best one to help here. But I think @saad, @mverde, or @GeneY will be able to help. Hopefully they have more experience with rooted phones than I have :)

• @xannasavin I’m very sorry search is not working correctly on your Galaxy S5. I can imagine how frustrating it is to not be able to locate your items quickly. :(

I looked into this issue further and I am not seeing it on any of my devices. I suspect it’s an underlying issue in the PhoenixRom or one of the root tweaks you are using. I recommend checking to see if there is an update available for the ROM that might resolve this problem. If not, please report a bug to the PhoenixRom team to review. Thanks!

• xannasavin
    xannasavin
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @dteare , thanks for the nice words ;) Since I'm a bit dependend on the app, I don't really feel like trying to mess arround with the beta versions ><

@saad I feared you would tell something like this :/ Seems there is no update coming soon to the ROM, since everyone works on Android 6 at the moment, but let's see.

Thanks of course for looking into this, maybe there will be a solution coming around with the next updates.

And finaly: keep on doing this great job!

• Thanks for the kind words @xannasavin! If you do manage to identify if it is a particular setting or tweak that you are using with PhoenixRom that causes this issue, please don't hesitate to let us know. There may be others who are experiencing this issue that would benefit from this knowledge as well.

This discussion has been closed.