Closing app window does not lock app

Navstar
Navstar
Community Member
edited December 1969 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
If I close the main 1Password window using the red Mac OS X window button, it doesn't lock the app.

Is that correct behavior? I closed the window and walked away from my computer. You can imagine how shocked I was when I told Safari to Launch 1Password and there it was, wide open and unlocked.

A) I think it needs to lock if window is closed.

B) I have it set to 5-minute autolock. And it doesn't appear to auto-lock.
(Is the idle time measured for the 1Password app or my entire computer? I'd like to have it autolock if I haven't touched 1Password in 5 minutes. I'm always typing on my computer)

Comments

• MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    That's correct, closing the window does not have any locking associated as the application is still running. On Snow Leopard the 1Password options within the Dock are still accessible as well.

The idle timeout is based on no mouse movements and no keyboard inputs — system wide. We have found this to be the preferred situation as voiced by our customers.
  • Navstar
    Navstar
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    How about adding an option to do just that. "Lock 1Password when main window is closed" YES :)
  • Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    Thanks for the input, Navstar. Right now we're not planning to implement this option. Our developers explained why adding a "Lock when 1Password quits" option isn't as simple as it sounds, but I can't find the explanation right now. I'll ask the rest of the team to see if we can find it or ask our developers to chime in here when they get a chance.
  • Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    Okay, so, I may have misunderstood what you're wanting 1Password to do. The title of the thread is "closing app window does not lock app". By this, do you mean when you quit 1Password or when you just close the main window but the application is still running? If you want 1Password to always start locked, click 1Password > Preferences > Security and check the "Disable automatic unlock for 1Password" option.

Does that help?
This discussion has been closed.