1Password Fam, what devices can i have it installed, have a Laptop, MacBook, Android, iPad, others

DavidPotter
DavidPotter
Community Member

With 1Password Fam, what devices can i have it installed, I have personally a Laptop, MacBook, Android, and iPad before I even get to others.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1Password Fam, what devices can i have it installed, have a Laptop, MacBook, Android, iPad, others

Comments

• Hi @DavidPotter,

Thanks for taking the time to write in about 1Password Families! Anyone who has an account as part of a 1Password Families subscription can use all of our apps at no additional cost.

Why subscribe instead of buying the 1Password apps individually?

For starters, all our apps come free with your subscription and can be shared with your whole family. But that’s just the tip of the iceberg: 1Password Families is a fully hosted service designed for people who use 1Password together. Syncing, sharing, and management capabilities are all built-in. Inviting family members is as simple as sending them an email.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• DavidPotter
    DavidPotter
    Community Member

So for $5/mo, I can have it on all the devices mentioned above myself and then 6 other family members can have a multitude of devices for themselves.

Correct?

• Ben
    Ben
    edited February 2016

That is correct, @DavidPotter. As long as your subscription is valid the apps are included. :) If your subscription lapses, the apps will go into read-only mode (unless they are licensed separately or until the subscription is renewed).

Normally a base Families account will include access for up to 5 family members (for $5/mo) but during the launch special we're allowing up to 7 total family members (yourself included) for that price.

What happens if my subscription lapses?
    You will never be locked out of your account or your data. If your subscription ends, you will still be able to access, view and export all your data. You just won’t be able to add new items or edit them.

Ben

• DavidPotter
    DavidPotter
    Community Member

Tks

is there a guarantee on how long the $5/mo is good?

One, two, three years. Would hate for it to go up every year.

• That is a great question, @DavidPotter. 1Password Families is a brand new product, and so unfortunately I don't have the answer yet. I imagine we'll want to keep the price right around that point, but I'm not aware of any specific guarantee. That said, if the price were to go up, and you did not wish to continue, we do not lock you out of your data. You could then at that point license 1Password using our more traditional licensing model and migrate your vaults over to non-Families vaults (which you could sync using Dropbox, for example).

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.