Question about data sync between 1Password for Windows and 1Password Web for Teams

Options

I have setup our 1Password for Teams account. I am accessing the web Personal vault from my desktop computer running Windows 7. I setup 1Password for Windows on my Surface tablet running Windows 10 and am accessing the vault called Your Vault. I assume I'm accessing the same vault, although they are named differently.

I added a "login" type record "Comptroller" via the web in my Personal vault. Then I added a "password" type record "CRM" in the Your Vault on my Surface. It's been about 30 minutes and neither record appears in the other system.

My expectation was that I would see the "Comptroller" login record on the Surface and the "CRM" password record in my personal vault on the web. What have I done wrong?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have 1password version 1 running on windows 7 and want to use 1password for teams on windows 10

Comments

• @ronharris You are right. It should be the same vault. The "Your Vault" was the original name and we recently changed it to "Personal".

I am not yet sure why the items do not appear as they should. It might be a bug in the change notifications. Does any change if you lock and then unlock 1Password?

I also asked our Windows developers to look at this issue.

• @ronharris Windows 7 can run 1Password for Windows desktop only, I'd imagine your vault is stored in some folder which name ends with .agilekeychain. In order to sync it with other devices it has to be in your Dropbox or OneDrive.

Windows 10 can run 1Password from the Windows App Store, it is capable of working with 1Password for Teams. It is also capable of reading legacy vaults from Dropbox/OneDrive using folders with names ending with .agilekeychain or .opvault.

There is no direct sync between legacy vaults and 1Password for Teams, but you can copy legacy vault to Teams. For that you need to open legacy vault, select all/some items and share with Teams vault.

• @ronharris I'm sorry, I think I've misunderstood your setup. Can you please click Settings\Help\Support\Email 3 days logs in Windows 10 app? That should open your email client and attach logs to help us investigate what went wrong. Thanks!

• ronharris
    ronharris
    Community Member
    Options

@roustem - How do I change the name of "your vault" to "personal" on Windows 10 1PW? I came in this morning and found that the "comptroller" login record added to Teams 1PW web was now on the Windows 10 1PW system. The "CRM" password record was not in the Teams 1PW web system. I sill had only the "comptroller" login record in the Teams 1PW web. So sync only worked from Teams 1PW to Windows 10 1PW not the other way around.

Now I have two different category type records in the system, one for a login record and the other a password record. The only category listed under Categories in both systems is "Logins". When I select Logins I only see the "comptroller" login record in the Windows 10 1PW and not the "CRM" password record. How does the system know which categories to list under the section Categories? Is there a way for me to add manually? I would think the system would know which categories are in the vault and only display those categories that have records in that vault.

Where do I go in the Teams 1PW web version to set the "auto lock after" value? On the Windows 10 1PW system I found the setting under options and set it to an hour (especially useful during testing). I would like to set the value to an hour on the Teams 1PW.

I setup an "Accounting" vault and gave access to Casey (our bookkeeper). When I log into Teams 1PW web version from my browser on my desktop, I see the 4 login records she created. When I go to the Windows 10 1PW system and open the Accounting vault I don't see any of the records. How long does it take to update (sync) between systems?

@SergeyTheAgile - For the record, I am not running 1PW on my Windows 7 desktop and making any attempt to use 1PW desktop with my Teams account. I have been a long time 1PW user. I do have 1PW Windows version 1.0.9.342, but I am not attempting to use or move this data into Teams 1PW web at all.

• @ronharris there will be an update to Windows 10 app soon, it has vault renamed to "Personal". We are also checking that sync works better there. It's a bit strange that Windows app didn't pick up changes as soon as it should, you can force sync by either clicking on ... next to vault name or by restarting app.

As for "CRM" record, does it have yellow/green vertical stripe in the items list? That is the sign of item that has not been synced. You can try to force saving it by clicking edit/save again.

Hope that helps :)

• ronharris
    ronharris
    Community Member
    Options

@SergeyTheAgile - Under Help on Windows 10 1PW I clicked on email icon and selected 3 days. Nothing happened. I expected the default email click new email form to open with the logs either in the email as text or as an attachment (zip or similar). There was no visible reference on the screen to indicate an error or that something had been sent in the background.

• ronharris
    ronharris
    Community Member
    Options

@SergeyTheAgile - I manually sync'd the Accounting vault. There was no way to tell if anything happened. Nothing visible on the screen to indicate that sync was in process or queued up. I did a manual sync on the Your Vault and same result. The CRM password record does not have a yellow/green stripe next to it. The Comptroller record does have a yellow/green stripe next to it. As far as I can tell nothing has been sync'd to the Teams 1PW web.

I clicked the gear next to my username and selected sign out. The message pop up was a bit confusing. "You are about to disconnect from your team on all your Windows devices. Your team membership stays and you can still access team vaults via browsers." Would it make more sense to say that I am about to disconnect from this Windows device? The button makes even less sense. "Stay with the team". Really not intuitive.

For apps, there is a difference between logging out (closing) of the app and disconnecting from the Team site. When I log out or sign out, I expect not to have access to my web-based data. What about a choice to Exit the app?

I chose to disconnect (BAD choice). Then I had to reenter all my team information. I renew my confusion over the pop up. I reentered my team information and logged back in. The entries made by Casey in the Accounting vault were now in Windows 10 1PW app. I won't choose to disconnect again. I see the option to "Lock" 1PW. Perhaps a sub-option to Exit the application should be under Lock. Or, an icon next to Lock that says Exit. It appears click the X on the app closes it.

Sorry for the ramble -- testing functionality and trying to figure out how all this works. From my Surface that I have been working in, where I am using the Windows 10 1PW app, I tried closing the app, then disconnecting from the internet and trying to open the app. I can log in just fine, but it says that I don't have any vaults. I was expecting to be able to choose the vaults I have access to while I was offline. Have I setup something incorrectly? I will not always have internet access when I need to get a password from 1PW.

• @ronharris thanks for the ramble, I'd rather have that kind of feedback than simple silence or just "nicely done" (well, nicely done is appreciated too, but when it's done ;) ).

There is no "exit app" in Windows apps, they are supposed to run forever and be killed by system when it decides to. Even when you use X button to close the window, app stays in memory for as long as system wants. Low end phones with 512MB of RAM will kick app from memory faster, Surface with 16GB RAM may keep app in memory for weeks.

Current beta do not have database and that is causing lots of issues you have described. You can not see your items offline, it needs to read data back from the server every time you unlock and bunch of other related issues. Lately Microsoft made few moves that enable us to use database and we are finishing integrating it, next release should bring you ability to view your items offline and reduce overall network traffic.

And yes, wording on signing out from your team is far less than perfect. We'll revisit that too. As of now your team connection details are used across all your Windows devices, that is why message speaks of all your Windows devices. That is changing though, starting with next release we will keep settings on device only, roaming proven to be more trouble than salvation.

I'm a bit confused why "email 3 days logs" failed to open Mail app, the only thing that comes to my mind is that Mail app may be not configured. There is another option to reach these logs, on the same Help screen, click More button and select "Open crashes folder". That is the place where logs are stored if crash is detected. In the parent folder (the one that contains Crashes folder) there can be file "live log.txt" - that is where details about your current session are stored.

I can't promise that next update will fix all the issues, but it is expected to fix some and we hope to get back to more frequent update cycle that we have had before. Please keep feedback coming, it really helps to see where we need to put more attention. You know how developers are, it always works on their machine right? With your help we notice more issues than without it, thank you for that.

• ronharris
    ronharris
    Community Member
    Options

@SergeyTheAgile - I will wait to see how the next beta release addresses the concerns and then come back to you again.

We have Android and IOS smartphone users. We also have users on Windows 10 and Windows 7 desktops. Are you saying that when these users download the App for 1PW for Teams to these devices that they will only have access to their passwords when online or are you saying only those on Windows 10 are impacted by this no local database issue?

• @ronharris all 1Password apps are designed to support offline mode (well, almost all, web app is online by definition).

I've done quite a lot of testing today for the offline mode in Windows 10 app, I'd expect offline mode to be available to you soon. And with that big change toward local database we expect Windows 10 app to get back to "release often" life style.

• ronharris
    ronharris
    Community Member
    Options

@SergeyTheAgile - If I download the iPhone app, does it currently work in offline mode? Do all the other apps work in offline mode? I know you're working on the Windows 10 app, it's good to hear that you're making good progress on that app.

• roustem
    edited February 2016
    Options

Thank you, @ronharris !

The iOS, Android, and Mac client apps support the offline mode. If only we could get the Windows team work twice as hard as they do now but I am afraid there is a limit to everything :)

• ronharris
    ronharris
    Community Member
    Options

@roustem - Is it true that people using Windows 7 or Windows 10 apps with 1PW for Teams are online access only for now?

Sounds like we're ok with this for the desktop users sitting at their desks and connected to the internet. For me and my Surface away from the office I only have the data when online. The silver lining is that I will always have my iPhone with me and I can access it offline.

Don't beat up the Windows team. Remember they are, after all, working in the Windows environment. I won't say any more on that subject.

• @ronharris: in the current release, yes, it's true that 1Password for Windows 10 runs in online-only mode.

I don't want to promise anything as you never know when a technical issue will creep up and bite you, but Sergey made some awesome progress towards offline mode last week. It was really exciting to see and I have my fingers crossed that he'll be able to share it soon!

++dave;

• ronharris
    ronharris
    Community Member
    Options

@dteare - That's really awesome news. We are looking forward to getting parity for us Windows guys. My next task is to figure out how to upgrade my personal 1.x version of 1PW to the latest version of 1PW for Windows (standalone, not for Teams) so that I can move my personal data over into 1PW for Teams Windows version. Do you have a step by step document to make this happen?

Once I get my data into 1PW for Teams then I suspect I would remove the 1.x version from my computer and then install the 1PW for Teams Windows version. I have lots of information in my 1PW and don't want to lose it, so I'm a bit nervous about getting this done.

Great job, Dave!

• Thank you, @ronharris!

I think you're jumping the gun a bit here. You're welcome to do as you said, but since you're nervous, let's take it slow.

The first thing I would do is backup your data. It won't be needed I am sure, but in all my years I've never heard anyone complain loudly about having too many backups :)

After that I would import your existing data into 1Password for Windows 10 and then copy it over to your team vault. Once your data is in your app it's a simple process to copy and move your items between vaults.

It's a bit embarrassing, but we don't have any docs on this process yet so I can't link you to anything. And I'm typing this on my Mac so I can't send you a screenshot. I'm going to ping our Windows team and hopefully one of them is around this weekend and able to post some screenshots of the process for you to follow.

Sorry for the partial answer! We'll get you hooked up fully soon :)

++dave;

• ronharris
    ronharris
    Community Member
    Options

@dteare - I want to make sure that you know I am on version 1 of 1PW on a Windows 7 computer. I have backed up my data.

I opened my 1PW Windows 10 that is associated with my 1PW for Teams account. For the life of me I can't locate an import option. Can you let me know where to find it?

• I'm flying solo here today and unfortunately I don't have a rig setup at this moment. I pinged the Windows folks and asked them to jump in here when they're back. Hopefully at least one of them works this weekend :)

++dave;

• @ronharris let me help you with copying data to Teams. I believe you have a folder which name ends with .agilekeychain (chances are you are using Dropbox to sync it with other devices). That folder is your vault. I'd recommend to use a copy of that folder, although Windows 10 app do not write to legacy vaults, it can read them only.

Now you can either open that folder or sign in to Dropbox and open it from there. Whatever option you chose you start by clicking "+ Join a Team or add Vaults" button at the bottom of nav bar (right above settings button). Please note that I'm using screenshots from the next update, which is making it's way to the Store right now. Then it's either open folder or sign in to Dropbox, once you have signed in to Dropbox you can click same + button to find vaults in your Dropbox.

Once you have your data on screen, click Select button (above the items list), select items you want and click Share button, it will offer you list of Teams vaults you have access to. In case there are some issues while copying items, items that failed will stay selected, so you can give it another try without making duplicates.

after that it's just a matter of time to get things copied to your Teams vault

Note, that you can use Select command to copy items from any vault to your Team vaults and use can use the same Select command to Trash items you selected in your Teams vault. Editing of legacy vaults is not enabled, so you should be safe from accidental damage to your data.

Hope that helps, feel free to ask more questions :)

• ronharris
    ronharris
    Community Member
    Options

@SergeyTheAgile - My only options available to me on the 1PW for Windows 10 app when I click join a team or add vaults is "join a team", "connect dropbox", and "connect onedrive".

When I select connect dropbox I am prompted to log into the service using my current username and password. I enter my credentials and open the dropbox account. I navigate to the 1 Password folder and I see the \1Password\1Password.agilekeychain entry. I click on that and am prompted to enter my vault password. I enter the password I have been using to access my version 1.x 1PW system and it doesn't work. I click the open button and the vault doesn't open. I see "password hint" in red right under the vault password field.

I verified that I am pointing to the correct folder in dropbox by adding a new password to 1PW version 1.x and waiting a moment to let it sync to dropbox. I went online and looked at \1Password\1Password.agilekeychain\data\default and confirmed the content.js had today's date/time as well as the new password record.

I exited 1PW version 1.x and reopened it using the same password I was using to connect to the vault in 1PW for Windows 10 app. It still didn't work. The master password for 1PW for Teams is different than the password I use to access 1PW version 1.x, so I tried entering the master password at the prompt and it didn't work either.

I couldn't figure out how to attach a file to this message. I tried the attach file option, but it failed. I am pasting the contents of the live log from my 1PW for Windows 10 system in the next message or two.

BTW, how do I check for updates in the 1PW for Windows 10 app?

Launched. (0.03 sec)

Application version 2016.1.1200.0. Architecture X64. Device form Unknown, family Windows.Desktop.
    Args: Kind=Launch, PreviousExecutionState=ClosedByUser, TileId=App, Arguments=``.
    Routed to op://vault. (0.03 sec)
    FC-1 is a folder account with UUID F.

Logged in. (0.79 sec)

TC-2 is a team account with UUID TIKS0_kLi_j2DWei8FqC3RjcPYrQ.
    HTTP200 GET https://htcrm.1password.com/api/v1/auth/ron@htcrm.com/ociojitclcyhakcm2rmn3vb3b4/-, 213 bytes. (4.57 sec)
    Routed to op://vault. (0.10 sec)
    No vaults found and destination op://vault is unreachable. (0.10 sec)
    TC-2 connecting, session id ZTV5CWIC6NCRPDP5KCIZ2VMW4Y, lookup is Ok.
    HTTP200 POST https://htcrm.1password.com/api/v1/auth, 1,094 bytes. (0.10 sec)
    TC-2 encryption key is ready.
    HTTP200 POST https://htcrm.1password.com/api/v1/auth/verify, 398 bytes. (0.08 sec)
    Connected to notifier on TC-2. (3.74 sec)
    HTTP200 GET https://htcrm.1password.com/api/v1/account/attrs, 706 bytes. (0.07 sec)
    HTTP200 GET https://htcrm.1password.com/api/v1/account/keysets, 18,206 bytes. (0.15 sec)
    HTTP 403 while downloading JJAkL8Z-ufy2t7VPuvyf42eC_Yc! (0.59 sec)
    HTTP 403 while downloading pYg36PRwsbE8LubsDDil-XjdBq4! (0.59 sec)
    Decrypted 4/4 keys in TC-2. (0.10 sec)
    HTTP200 GET https://htcrm.1password.com/api/v1/templates/0, 49,790 bytes. (0.23 sec)
    File _Q2SIo_f-C5iLvrO6iYXYbApGII not modified. (0.28 sec)
    File x6akI3NI_AOR509w8-xT3DS-ttk not modified. (0.28 sec)
    File co5hY9KCDIkDlOlSP_92tMl1h1E not modified. (0.36 sec)
    File bgG3bjAU5ZkKl0MeLF_lOvriJn4 not modified. (0.32 sec)
    File J2gTHNUZ9_z6CKPOgBhuBDe3s_8 not modified. (0.32 sec)
    File fgvKgW6wdbOChsJ1oijc55e5gsE not modified. (0.31 sec)
    File JTtG3FZOeKs7A_Pbr6w8T5ujpVU not modified. (0.50 sec)
    File K078RMGMwpp8nm748oQiFbq4GdI not modified. (0.50 sec)
    File 9VxaRaPSYfqpxqlDeR7c11PMrnc not modified. (0.47 sec)
    File hWqScENHAq8yxRzXTnNGepLo1VA not modified. (0.48 sec)
    File kfIwlvOziBB_KRUkbZbG4HcHUYg not modified. (0.43 sec)
    File ArySaKeQlWBAY6g9SpuZAc2QXQk not modified. (0.58 sec)
    File WSDTwkuth85nwcT30AgzKvDGXI0 not modified. (0.65 sec)
    File LdM-Tli3z6Uk0HLM4KuulqS4Bto not modified. (0.66 sec)
    File Is0avajxPPaquGhh3mCp01nCjes not modified. (0.72 sec)
    File aC7RVrcS3MxrEd5QiVUe_9nFn8o not modified. (0.68 sec)
    File IhCNXOmO9UAgfLiosS9RYGgCfO4 not modified. (0.66 sec)
    File -8KVZY7JlOVdrRsDJ8uOcBRqlw8 not modified. (0.63 sec)

• ronharris
    ronharris
    Community Member
    Options

Got 3 vaults from TC-2. (0.06 sec)
    HTTP200 GET https://htcrm.1password.com/api/v1/overview, 862 bytes. (0.06 sec)
    HTTP200 GET https://htcrm.1password.com/api/v1/vault/dbnycqwwcbkeowdmtwtzbn7qsm, 1,442 bytes. (0.07 sec)
    TV-1 is a vault in TC-2 with id DpY6K5m-Cx5-Mf9GL5yBcIkooyQ a.k.a. dbnycqwwcbkeowdmtwtzbn7qsm.
    HTTP200 GET https://htcrm.1password.com/api/v1/vault/3osjjtzagjskgdysfh6efngaeu, 1,486 bytes. (0.07 sec)
    TV-2 is a vault in TC-2 with id Chn_nw-pgUroz3-4aREzk60bY-c a.k.a. 3osjjtzagjskgdysfh6efngaeu.
    HTTP200 GET https://htcrm.1password.com/api/v1/vault/cruinyvjnvja4mdahefydptdca, 1,350 bytes. (0.07 sec)
    TV-3 is a vault in TC-2 with id ByQwj6G0Z9LztG9Wm15GIAqGZfk a.k.a. cruinyvjnvja4mdahefydptdca.
    Routed to op://vault/DpY6K5m-Cx5-Mf9GL5yBcIkooyQ. (0.03 sec)
    Rendered main page for op://vault/DpY6K5m-Cx5-Mf9GL5yBcIkooyQ. (0.03 sec)
    Loaded encrypted items cache for TV-1. (0.02 sec)
    Found 1 unfinished edits and 1 unsaved commits for TV-1. (0.05 sec)
    HTTP200 GET https://htcrm.1password.com/api/v1/vault/dbnycqwwcbkeowdmtwtzbn7qsm/0/items, 1,722 bytes. (0.09 sec)
    HTTP200 GET https://htcrm.1password.com/api/v1/vault/dbnycqwwcbkeowdmtwtzbn7qsm/3/items, 182 bytes. (0.09 sec)
    Saved encrypted items cache for TV-1. (0.01 sec)
    Routed to op://vault/DpY6K5m-Cx5-Mf9GL5yBcIkooyQ/list/Logins. (0.02 sec)
    Rendered main page for op://vault/DpY6K5m-Cx5-Mf9GL5yBcIkooyQ/list/Logins. (0.02 sec)
    Found 1 unfinished edits and 1 unsaved commits for TV-1. (0.02 sec)
    HTTP200 GET https://htcrm.1password.com/api/v1/vault/dbnycqwwcbkeowdmtwtzbn7qsm/3/items, 182 bytes. (0.10 sec)
    Saved encrypted items cache for TV-1. (0.02 sec)
    Routed to op://vault/DpY6K5m-Cx5-Mf9GL5yBcIkooyQ/list/All+items. (0.04 sec)
    Rendered main page for op://vault/DpY6K5m-Cx5-Mf9GL5yBcIkooyQ/list/All+items. (0.04 sec)
    HTTP200 GET https://htcrm.1password.com/api/v1/vault/dbnycqwwcbkeowdmtwtzbn7qsm/3/items, 182 bytes. (0.08 sec)
    Saved encrypted items cache for TV-1. (0.00 sec)
    Routed to op://vault/DpY6K5m-Cx5-Mf9GL5yBcIkooyQ/list/Favorites. (0.00 sec)
    Rendered main page for op://vault/DpY6K5m-Cx5-Mf9GL5yBcIkooyQ/list/Favorites. (0.00 sec)
    Loaded encrypted items cache for TV-1. (0.00 sec)
    HTTP200 GET https://htcrm.1password.com/api/v1/vault/dbnycqwwcbkeowdmtwtzbn7qsm/3/items, 182 bytes. (0.10 sec)
    Saved encrypted items cache for TV-1. (0.02 sec)
    Routed to op://vault/DpY6K5m-Cx5-Mf9GL5yBcIkooyQ/list/All+items. (0.00 sec)
    Rendered main page for op://vault/DpY6K5m-Cx5-Mf9GL5yBcIkooyQ/list/All+items. (0.00 sec)
    HTTP200 GET https://htcrm.1password.com/api/v1/vault/dbnycqwwcbkeowdmtwtzbn7qsm/3/items, 182 bytes. (0.08 sec)
    Saved encrypted items cache for TV-1. (0.03 sec)
    Routed to op://options. (0.02 sec)
    Routed to op://vault. (0.03 sec)
    Rendered main page for op://vault. (0.03 sec)
    Found 1 unfinished edits and 1 unsaved commits for TV-1. (0.08 sec)
    Saved encrypted items cache for TV-1. (0.00 sec)
    Connected to Dropbox DC-3. (150.04 sec)
    DC-3 is a Dropbox account with UUID D7knFVsSblkY4wns2XO5G394yXXg.
    Application data is changed.
    TC-4 is a team account with UUID TIKS0_kLi_j2DWei8FqC3RjcPYrQ.
    HTTP GET /api/v1/auth/ron%40htcrm.com/ociojitclcyhakcm2rmn3vb3b4/-...
    Found 0 .opvault and 2 .agilekeychain in DC-3. (4.62 sec)
    HTTP200 GET https://api.dropbox.com/1/search/auto?query=.opvault, 2 bytes. (4.60 sec)
    HTTP200 GET https://api.dropbox.com/1/search/auto?query=.agilekeychain, 692 bytes. (4.62 sec)
    File data\default\.password.hint not found (HTTP 404). (0.33 sec)
    File data\default\.password.hint not found (HTTP 404). (0.12 sec)
    Exception=System.AggregateException: TaskExceptionHolder_UnhandledException ---> System.NullReferenceException: Arg_NullReferenceException at SharedLibrary!<BaseAddress>+0x86b664 --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at SharedLibrary!<BaseAddress>+0x415fc1 at SharedLibrary!<BaseAddress>+0x416238 at SharedLibrary!<BaseAddress>+0x4161d3 at SharedLibrary!<BaseAddress>+0x416187 at SharedLibrary!<BaseAddress>+0x38a494 at SharedLibrary!<BaseAddress>+0x86ae17 --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at SharedLibrary!<BaseAddress>+0x415fc1 at SharedLibrary!<BaseAddress>+0x416238 at SharedLibrary!<BaseAddress>+0x4161d3 at SharedLibrary!<BaseAddress>+0x416187 at SharedLibrary!<BaseAddress>+0x38a494 at SharedLibrary!<BaseAddress>+0x8b1cb9 --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at SharedLibrary!<BaseAddress>+0x415fc1 at SharedLibrary!<BaseAddress>+0x416238 at SharedLibrary!<BaseAddress>+0x4161d3 at SharedLibrary!<BaseAddress>+0x416187 at SharedLibrary!<BaseAddress>+0x38a494 at SharedLibrary!<BaseAddress>+0x8c3a9c --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at SharedLibrary!<BaseAddress>+0x415fc1 at SharedLibrary!<BaseAddress>+0x416238 at SharedLibrary!<BaseAddress>+0x4161d3 at SharedLibrary!<BaseAddress>+0x416187 at SharedLibrary!<BaseAddress>+0x38a494 at SharedLibrary!<BaseAddress>+0xa405b2 Exception_EndOfInnerExceptionStack ---> AggregateException_InnerExceptionSystem.NullReferenceException: Arg_NullReferenceException at SharedLibrary!<BaseAddress>+0x86b664 --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at SharedLibrary!<BaseAddress>+0x415fc1 at SharedLibrary!<BaseAddress>+0x416238 at SharedLibrary!<BaseAddress>+0x4161d3 at SharedLibrary!<BaseAddress>+0x416187 at SharedLibrary!<BaseAddress>+0x38a494 at SharedLibrary!<BaseAddress>+0x86ae17 --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at SharedLibrary!<BaseAddress>+0x415fc1 at SharedLibrary!<BaseAddress>+0x416238 at SharedLibrary!<BaseAddress>+0x4161d3 at SharedLibrary!<BaseAddress>+0x416187 at SharedLibrary!<BaseAddress>+0x38a494 at SharedLibrary!<BaseAddress>+0x8b1cb9 --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at SharedLibrary!<BaseAddress>+0x415fc1 at SharedLibrary!<BaseAddress>+0x416238 at SharedLibrary!<BaseAddress>+0x4161d3 at SharedLibrary!<BaseAddress>+0x416187 at SharedLibrary!<BaseAddress>+0x38a494 at SharedLibrary!<BaseAddress>+0x8c3a9c --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at SharedLibrary!<BaseAddress>+0x415fc1 at SharedLibrary!<BaseAddress>+0x416238 at SharedLibrary!<BaseAddress>+0x4161d3 at SharedLibrary!<BaseAddress>+0x416187 at SharedLibrary!<BaseAddress>+0x38a494 at SharedLibrary!<BaseAddress>+0xa405b2<---!

• ronharris
    ronharris
    Community Member
    Options

Saving log messages: 97.
    AKC keys 0. (0.28 sec)
    Downloaded data\default\encryptionKeys.js. (0.25 sec)
    Missing iterations in AKC key BD4B9778B17B48CBB66E12D965B37AA2, assuming 10000.
    Invalid AKC key BD4B9778B17B48CBB66E12D965B37AA2!
    Missing iterations in AKC key E911285A40B0435E8CCB8A3F5F90613E, assuming 10000.
    Invalid AKC key E911285A40B0435E8CCB8A3F5F90613E!
    AKC keys 0. (0.30 sec)
    Downloaded data\default\encryptionKeys.js. (0.25 sec)
    AKC keys 0. (0.30 sec)
    Downloaded data\default\encryptionKeys.js. (0.27 sec)
    Found 0 .opvault and 2 .agilekeychain in DC-3. (0.81 sec)
    HTTP200 GET https://api.dropbox.com/1/search/auto?query=.opvault, 2 bytes. (0.40 sec)
    HTTP200 GET https://api.dropbox.com/1/search/auto?query=.agilekeychain, 692 bytes. (0.81 sec)
    File data\default\.password.hint not found (HTTP 404). (0.17 sec)
    User cancelled folder picker. (7.46 sec)
    Found 0 .opvault and 2 .agilekeychain in DC-3. (0.37 sec)
    HTTP200 GET https://api.dropbox.com/1/search/auto?query=.opvault, 2 bytes. (0.33 sec)
    HTTP200 GET https://api.dropbox.com/1/search/auto?query=.agilekeychain, 692 bytes. (0.35 sec)
    File data\default\.password.hint not found (HTTP 404). (0.20 sec)
    File data\default\.password.hint not found (HTTP 404). (0.18 sec)
    AKC keys 0. (0.37 sec)
    Downloaded data\default\encryptionKeys.js. (0.32 sec)
    No file data\default\encryptionKeys.js found at /1Password/1Password.agilekeychain! (0.12 sec)
    HTTP 500 while downloading data\default\encryptionKeys.js! (0.11 sec)
    Found 0 .opvault and 2 .agilekeychain in DC-3. (0.33 sec)
    HTTP200 GET https://api.dropbox.com/1/search/auto?query=.opvault, 2 bytes. (0.33 sec)
    HTTP200 GET https://api.dropbox.com/1/search/auto?query=.agilekeychain, 692 bytes. (0.31 sec)
    File data\default\.password.hint not found (HTTP 404). (3.40 sec)
    File data\default\.password.hint not found (HTTP 404). (1.52 sec)
    AKC keys 0. (0.31 sec)
    Downloaded data\default\encryptionKeys.js. (0.27 sec)
    Routed to op://log. (0.02 sec)

• ronharris
    ronharris
    Community Member
    Options

I thought I would be cleaver and do a new backup of my 1PW version 1.x data to dropbox. I went into 1PW for Windows 10 and located the file, 1Password 2016-02-14 161552 (709 items).agilekeychain_zip, and attempted to load it. Failed by not accepting my password for the 1PW version 1.x system.

• SergeyTheAgile
    edited February 2016
    Options

@ronharris thanks for getting back to us :) Let's sort these questions out:

• your log is coming from previous release, current version is 2016.2.1401. It will find it's way to your machine with in a day or two, but you can force an update by doing Check for updates in the Store app, like here:

• File "1Password 2016-02-14 161552 (709 items).agilekeychain_zip" can not be opened, vault is a folder (it may looks like a file on Mac, but it's a folder on Dropbox web or Windows). You want to find a folder named like "1Password.agilekeychain", app rely on ".agilekeychain" suffix to select proper format. Inside that folder there is expected to be another "data" folder and "default" inside "data". Then you should see lots of files, most of them with ".1password" suffix.

• There is one known issue with old .agilekeychain vaults - sometimes you enter their password and you are getting red password hint. That can be fixed by going back to Mac app and changing your master password there (even to the same master password). That will force Mac app to repair vault in a way Windows app can open it. You have 1PW 1.x, I've not enough experience with it, I'd imagine it can fix vault the same way, but need to check with others first. If you can give it a try on Mac, if not - give us a little time to figure out what can be done.

Hope this helps,
    Sergey

• ronharris
    ronharris
    Community Member
    Options

@SergeyTheAgile - I downloaded and updated 1PW for Windows 10. I was able to login to Dropbox this time and my vault password worked. My 1PW records are now importing into the 1Password vault @ Dropbox. On my 1PW for Windows 10 I have my Personal (changed from My Vault, thank you), the Shared Vault, and the one I added to 1PW for Teams called Accounting. I also have the 1PW vault on Dropbox in my list. It is true that the 1Password vault @ Dropbox WILL NOT sync up to 1PW for Teams?

Is the final task in this process to move (which turns out to be a copy) my records in 1PW @ Dropbox to my Personal vault in 1Password for Teams? And, then remove the vault on Dropbox from my 1PW for Windows 10.

• @ronharris good to hear things are working out :)

You are right, legacy vault on Dropbox will be synced from Dropbox to your device only, but it will not sync to Teams. Once you have items copied from legacy vault to Teams you would want to use Teams only. It is safe to remove Dropbox vault from 1Password app. That way you still have your old data in Dropbox (for safety reasons) and you let Teams to do all the syncing and backups for you.

• ronharris
    ronharris
    Community Member
    Options

@sergeytheagile - Success! All my version 1x passwords are in personal team vault.

• @ronharris excellent! Now I'm going back to eliminate all the bugs we know about :) Please keep feedback coming, it helps a lot

This discussion has been closed.