Sync with 1Password Windows

aratorb
aratorb
Community Member
I installed 1Password for Windows and DropBox on my Windows laptop yesterday. I set the General Preferences to Move to Dropbox.

This morning I bought the 1Password for Ipad app and the first the Welcome Screen said: Sync with your Mac over WFI. I don't have a Mac. The documentation is confusing. What do I do?

Comments

• bswins
    edited May 2011
    Hello aratorb and welcome to the Forums!

Congratulations on buying 1P for your Windows desktop and for your iPad. Once we get you up and running, I am sure you'll enjoy using both.

I agree that the iPad setup procedures can be confusing...especially, if you have a Windows desktop. Most of the Dropbox procedures were written before the Windows platform came into being, but I know the AgileBits' staff is hard at work fixing missing documentation in the 1Password app. Trust me on that one!

Now, let's try to get your iPad working. Following are two articles that I'd like you to review again:

Getting Started: iPad
    1. When you first start 1Password for iPad (or 1P Pro), you see the Welcome Screen you mentioned. You are given a choice of creating a New Database or Sync Existing. Please choose New Database.
    2. You will be requested to create a Master Password. This Master Password does not have to be the same as the Master Password for your 1P desktop application. I use the same, but some prefer a less complex password due to the pain it can be to type it using the iPad keyboard. It's totally your preference.
    3. Once the new database is created, it's time to setup Dropbox syncing.

Automatic Synching Using Dropbox
    Please refer to #5: Configuring your iOS Device.
    I would list the steps here, but a picture is worth a thousand words!
    There are FAQs at the bottom of the article which may be useful to read through. However, you are encouraged to read through the Forums and ask questions whenever you have one.

Hopefully, you'll be working as advertised in no time!

Please let me know how it turns out.

Brandt

P.S. I've seen instances where users had to relaunch the desktop version and restart the iOS device (iPhone and iPad) to get Dropbox to sync the first time. If you experience issues, you may wish to try it.
  • aratorb
    aratorb
    Community Member
    edited May 2011
    Thanks, Brandt -- Everything worked as you said -- You saved me a lot of time and worry
  • Excellent news aratorb!

I know the current procedures are not as clear as either of us would like, but they will be soon.

I appreciate you taking the time to post your issue and then reply with the results.

I hope you enjoy Dropbox syncing as much as I do. I can't live without it!

Hope to see you around the forums!

Brandt

This discussion has been closed.