I want to have 1password on 2 computers, 2 iPads and 2 iPhones. These belong to my wife and myself.

jemmac
jemmac
Community Member

I don't care about her seeing all of the data already entered and I have already purchased all of the ios pro features and the latest mac apps for myself. How, if I've signed up for "Family" can I get my one and only vault on all of our devices?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:import existing data into family, kb:move-data-teams, kb-search:Family, kb:license-requirements, kb:choose-sharing

Comments

• Aleen
    Aleen
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2016

Hi @jemmac!

Thanks for taking the time to ask about setting up 1Password for Families :)

If the computer you're using is a Mac, start by logging into your 1Password for Families account:

Sign in to your Team or Family account: Existing Mac Installation

You can then copy your items from your existing vault into your new Family vault:

Moving data into a Team or Family account

Then, sign into 1Password for Families on your iOS devices:

Sign in to your Team or Family account: Existing iOS Installation

Does this help?

• jemmac
    jemmac
    Community Member

No. I guess I'm just a stupid old man.

I've been using a mac since 1985 and 1Password since its initial release but none of this seems very straight-forward to me.

• Aleen
    Aleen
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jemmac,

I'm so sorry! This is completely my failure. I was trying to do too many things at once and didn't provide as much information as I should have. Let me try again. This is going to differ from the procedure I wrote above and will even have a couple more steps, but the end result will be the same and I think it'll make more sense.

First, you'll want to invite your wife to set up her 1Password account. You'll want to follow the instructions of doing that here: Inviting your team. In order for her to set up her account, she'll need to follow the instructions in the email she receives :)

Next, you'll want to set up 1Password for Families on your computer. Here are the instructions for signing in on your Mac: Sign in to your Team or Family account: Existing Mac Installation.

Now's the time when you can move all of your existing items into 1Password Families. You can do this all at once by selecting everything in your existing vault and following these instructions: Moving data into a Team or Family account. Since you want to share all of these items with your wife, move them into the Shared vault.

Next, you'll want to set up 1Password for Families on your iOS device. If you want to add your Families account to what you already have in 1Password, you can follow these instructions: Sign in to your Team or Family account: Existing iOS Installation.

If you want to start over so that your devices only have your 1Password for Families items, follow these instructions to delete your existing data on each of your devices: Start over with an empty vault on iOS, then set up your teams account: Sign in to your Families account.

What happens next depends upon what your wife needs. If she's a 1Password user and she wants to add all of her items to your Shared vault, she can follow the same instructions I provided above. If she's new to 1Password, she can set up 1Password for Families on her Mac and iOS devices using the Sign in to your Families account instructions.

I apologize again and I hope this helps clear up any confusion.

• jemmac
    jemmac
    Community Member

Tried the first step by sending an invitation to my wife's email on her ipad. When I clicked the link I was sent to a page that was blank. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong but I don't have time to be a beta tester for your new service. Please remove any and all "Team" accounts that I may have set up from Agilebits Web Services.

• Aleen
    Aleen
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jemmac,

I am so very sorry. I can only imagine how frustrated you must be right now.

We'd love love for you to move over and enjoy the new Family features, but there's plenty of time to do so later if you want. The 1Password apps and processes you've been using all this time aren't going away!

I'm also sorry that the the link you tapped on didn't work appropriately :( It should have taken you to a page so your wife could register for her 1Password account. We're trying to figure out what went wrong there, but if I may ask, could you share a few details so we can better understand? For example, what version of iOS are you using and did you open the link in Safari or some other browser? Those are the most important questions, but if you have another moment, are you aware of any security software you might have installed on your network? Our service is very secure and as such it refuses connections from super old clients and we're very strict about the SSL settings.

Thanks so much.

This discussion has been closed.