Network Activity: 1PasswordThumbs

Used for downloading icons and previews
Every time I add a new site, I get pop ups like this (called 1PW thumbs) - several of them, one after another. Apparently it is requesting permission to allow or disallow various connections.
1. I don't know what it really means
2. I don't know how to answer the question, cause I just don't understand what I should/should not allow.

Sorry to be such a doofus here however am easily confused and very new to this - would appreciate any guidance.
thx

Comments

• Hello tuni!

Sorry you're having a problem. Did you mean to include a screen shot? If so, please edit your message and reattach. Make sure that after you "Choose File" you then select the blue/black button labeled "Attach This File".

I'd like to see what you are talking about before I reply more.

Thanks!

Brandt
  • tuni
    edited May 2011
    here is the screen shot of the pop ups I'm getting when trying to set up new PW and log in - I know it has somethiing to do with allowing various connections for the sites:

Screen shot 2011-05-29 at 4.00.39 PM.png

whoops, I don't think this worked either. Selected the screen shot, but don't seem to be able to attach it - what it shows is
  • bswins
    edited May 2011
    tuni wrote:

here is the screen shot of the pop ups I'm getting when trying to set up new PW and log in - I know it has somethiing to do with allowing various connections for the sites:

Screen shot 2011-05-29 at 4.00.39 PM.png

I still don't see a screen shot. Please give it one more try.
  • Brandt,
    Attaching the screen shot is not working :(

Can I send it to you in an e-mail instead? If so, pls e-mail me with your address and I'll try that way.

sorry to be such a pest...
    thx
    tuni
  • Sorry it's still not working.

I sent you a Personal Message (PM) with the e-mail address.

Thanks.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2011
    You have be sure to click the "Attach This File" button after you "Choose File." I forget to do that all the time. :-)

20110530-msm2jdew3s71ujqu3bnhqkq11f.png

It sounds like you are just seeing notifications of the thumbnail preview downloads (Preferences > Logins > Automatically download icons and previews for new logins) in an application like Little Snitch, though. Please take a look at our Network Activity document in the 1Password User Guide and let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Cheers,
  • khad wrote:

It sounds like you are just seeing notifications of the thumbnail preview downloads (Preferences > Logins > Automatically download icons and previews for new logins) in an application like Little Snitch, though. Please take a look at our Network Activity document in the 1Password User Guide...

Good point Khad. That idea didn't occur to me at the time, but I'm betting you are correct.

FYI: I gave tuni agile's support e-mail address and gave him the link to this thread. Hopefully, you'll be able to pull it up and confirm your suspicion.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks, Brandt!
  • [url=""]I think its attached now....? Please let me know. thanks for your patience with utterly confused newbie!!!
    [/url]
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for posting that screen shot, tuni! It looks like my initial guess was correct. Please take a look at the Network Activity information in our User Guide that I posted above. You can either add 1PasswordThumbs to the list of approved apps in your network monitoring software or disable preview downloading in 1Password (Preferences > Logins) if you prefer not to have them. :-)

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

Thanks!
  • many, many thanks to both of you - the pop-ups were being caused by "Hands Off" . I had no idea what to do and what caused it and I so appreciate all the support from both of you. Was going nuts thinking it was part of the program and certainly had no idea how to handle it. You guys rock!!!!
    thx again,
    tuni
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2011
    Thanks for the update, tuni! I just discovered Hands Off through the MacUpdate bundle and didn't immediately recognize it from your screen shot. Both Hands Off and Little Snitch will monitor network activity and alert you of it.

I am glad we were able to get to the bottom of this. :-)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know.

We are always here to help!
This discussion has been closed.