Will the Windows 7 desktop 1Password app get Teams integration?

Options

Will 1Password for Windows 7 receive an update to integrate with Teams? The corporate environments I'm familiar with have standardized on Windows 7 for a least a little while longer.

If not, will the 1Password for Teams website eventually have export and print capabilities?

Thanks, and keep up the great work!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ssoroka
    ssoroka
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the question!

1Password for Windows 7 will receive an update with 1Password for Teams support; this is currently in the works.

We will likely also be implementing export directly from the 1Password for Teams website, although I don't have a time frame for when this would be ready.

We appreciate the feedback!

• mrjamesmoore
    mrjamesmoore
    Community Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

Looking forward to this as well so I can use the Chrome extension with my Team vault :)

• We're looking forward to it too :) If there is anything else we can help with, please let us know.

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    Options

@Meek will the integration happen before or after the official launch of 1Pw for Teams?

• Hi @ntimo,

We aren't talking about any timelines here, but we are working on it as fast as we can :)

If you are using Windows 10, we already have a Beta out for our brand new version of 1Password for Windows 10 available here:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/store/apps/1password-beta/9nblgggz0ht9

• I hear you, @Bernfrin. You're right, while 1Password for Windows 10 does fit well within Microsoft's new design, there are things the previous version did that would be really nice to add. The sandboxing prevents browser integration in Window 10 but we're working through that and hope to have something we can share.

Regarding your concern that there was a concerted effort to ensure the Mac version was ready, I understand how you might view this as a negative, but it is perfectly natural and nothing to be upset about. We did indeed technically start on Mac as we developed 1Password for Teams itself on our Macs. That's not to say Windows was ignored during this development. We had already grown our Windows team at this point and they were working on the Windows 10 UI.

A lot goes into making a new release and a big piece that is often ignored is finding and hiring the right people with the right skills and above all else, passion. The Mac team had already been formed and had a few victories under there belt before they even started on teams, so it's perfectly natural that they would be able to move faster.

The size of the Windows team was tripled well before teams was released, or for that matter, before it existed as a proof of concept. We're working our ways towards feature parity and we will get there. We just need time.

Take care,

++dave;

• You're quite welcome. I'm sorry to hear that but I look forward to winning you back!

++dave;

• daniel_silva
    daniel_silva
    Community Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

+1 to this. Ever since I started using 1PW a couple years ago I've pitched it to everyone I could. Now that Teams is available (even if in beta), I pitched it at work as soon as I could. However, the inability to use use browser extensions, and having to use the buggy W10 app (note: I totally understand the bugs, it is a beta after all) is making it a bit hard to use. It'd be great to have Teams integration on the old app, just like the OS X app received support.

Edit: forgot to mention. W10 app bugs aside, not everyone in the company is on W10. So the W7 app would be optimal. Here's hoping it comes soon.

• rob
    Options

Thanks for being a 1Password proponent, @daniel_silva! We're working hard on the Windows app, and I'm sure you'll like it when it's ready. :)

• oksoftware
    oksoftware
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I am also little unhappy because of lack of a new version but can't see any reason why not to use 1Password 4 for Windows. It works well, it is continuously updated and it is fully compatible with other platforms using WiFi or cloud storage synchronization. I'm looking forward to a new version, especially when other platforms are two main releases in advance!

• rob
    Options

Thanks, @oksoftware! Yeah we haven't been great about keeping all the apps on the same version. We're trying to level things out with version 6. :)

This discussion has been closed.