Authorized devices in Profile only shows browsers and OS not hostname

Options
jebr
jebr
Community Member

On the "My Profile" page would it be possible to show the authorized web browsers browsers host-name. Currently I can tell where the client software is installed as it shows hostname and OS however, I have two devices shown as "Firefox / Mac OS X". I have no way of telling what machine these Firefox instances are installed.

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• rob
    Options

Hi, @jebr.

I would love to see this myself! Right now we are simply parsing the browser's user agent string to get the information that we show there. The client apps have access to more information like the device's name, but unfortunately, it's not possible for us to get your device's name from the browser. We could potentially include the IP address that was used. Would that be useful to you?

• jebr
    jebr
    Community Member
    Options

Yes "last seen IP" would be useful (as laptops move around). Alternatively when you sign in from a browser the user could be prompted for a friendly name? If I clear down my browser cached will a new authorised device appear (what makes them unique)?

• rob
    Options

@jebr, interesting ideas. Last seen IP would probably be the easiest to implement, not sure about requesting a device name from the user.

We store a device identifier in your browser's localStorage for the current domain. Clearing cache and cookies will not delete that value, but it is possible to clear all browser data in localStorage in most browsers. If the value is deleted, the next time you sign in, the browser will be registered again and a new entry will show up on your profile.

This discussion has been closed.