How do i sync or copy my accounts and logins from my Imac to my Ipad and Iphone?

Options

how do I copy or sync my 1Password3 accounts and generated passwords from my Imac to my Ipad and my Iphone?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do i sync or copy my accounts and logins from my Imac to my Ipad and Iphone?

Comments

• SuSu
    SuSu
    Community Member
    Options

IPassword 3 for the Mac
    Ipad Air 2 Version 9.2.1
    IPhone 5S Version 9.2.1
    Icloud and/or Dropbox

• SuSu
    SuSu
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having a lot of trouble installing and using 1Password on my three Apple devices. It's fine on the Imac, but not on the ipad. I'll be happy to pay a fee.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:Is there someone in the New Haven, CT area who could come for pay and assist me?

• SuSu
    SuSu
    Community Member
    Options

1Password 3 for Mac
    Imac: 10.7.5
    IPhone: Version 9.2.1
    IPad: Version 9.2.1
    Dropbox Icloud

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @SuSu,

I've merged your two threads together, I hope you don't mind.

Now let's see if I can help get things working for you!

So I can see that you're running 1Password 3 for Mac on OS X Lion. That does mean you're running the latest version of 1Password for Mac that works on your version of OS X.

Here is my first question, what version of 1Password (iOS) are you running? The link will hopefully show you how to tell.

I'm guessing it's 1Password 6 for iOS unless you've used 1Password for iOS for a long time and you still have access to the much older versions titled either 1Password for iPhone, 1Password for iPad or 1Password Pro and the icon for those looked a little like this

Assuming it's 1Password 6 for iOS this means Dropbox is our only option but it's still possible which is the good news.

So do you have Dropbox installed on your Mac and do you have the iOS Dropbox app on your iOS devices too? technically you don't need the iOS Dropbox app but it makes life a lot easier at one stage that I strongly recommend it.

The next thing to find out is where 1Password 3 for Mac is currently storing your Agile Keychain. Can you launch 1Password 3 for Mac please and then enter 1Password's preferences. If the General tab is not the active one please switch to it.

If 1Password 3 for Mac is not storing your Agile Keychain in Dropbox this is what I would expect your preference window to look like

and you can see the location of the Agile Keychain. If it shows you your username and then says Library > Application Support... like that image then your Agile Keychain is stored only on your hard drive and we need to move it to your Dropbox folder.

If the Move to Dropbox... button is enabled it means 1Password 3 for Mac has detected that Dropbox is running and it should be as simple as clicking the button and following the instructions.

If the button isn't enabled for any reason then you might need to be a little more hands on and the following should help.

In the General tab of 1Password 3's preferences there is the Move to Dropbox... which you're already aware of. What you might not know though is if you right click on the path above it you will get a small menu with three options. The one that will interest you is the Move Data File to Another Folder.... You can use that to manually move the .agilekeychain into Dropbox and achieve the same goal.

So at the end you will hopefully see that your Agile Keychain is now being stored in Dropbox.

If your preferences doesn't look like that but instead it shows something like Users > VMware > Dropbox > 1Password.agilekeychain then your vault is already being stored in Dropbox and all of the above can be safely ignored.

If you're running 1Password 6 for iOS then at this point the following page should be for people like you.

Existing 1Password user (iOS)

and that should guide you through how to connect a new copy of 1Password 6 for iOS to an existing Agile Keychain.

So we've thrown a fair bit of information at you. It might be it take a couple more posts backwards and forwards to get everything set up or learn what we need to know to best help you but what we have here is a starting point and we'll keep working with you until everything is set up. I'm confident we can help you get everything synced so we'll wait to hear back from you and proceed from there :smile:

This discussion has been closed.