Emergency access

t1g3r
t1g3r
Community Member

Any plans to offer an emergency function so a trusted person can get access to my vault or specified logins/documents after specified time in event of me passing?

Comments

• rob
    rob
    edited February 2016

Hi, @t1g3r.

1Password for Families does not offer a feature that coordinates that for you, but it does allow you to add another person to your family account as an Owner, in which case they would be able to recover your account.

We also offer what we call your 1Password Emergency Kit, which is a PDF document you can print out. It contains everything needed to sign into your account except your Master Password, which you can fill in after it's printed. Then you can store that document somewhere safe, like a safety deposit box, so that someone you trust can access it in case of an emergency.

That said, we are considering other ways that we could implement a way for you to grant special emergency access to someone without having them as a regular member or owner of your account.

• t1g3r
    t1g3r
    Community Member

Thanks Rob! Put me in for a vote on granting special emergency access, the emergency kit is good but would be great to have an option not involving a piece of paper.

• Aleen
    Aleen
    1Password Alumni

Thanks! We'll definitely take it into consideration :)

This discussion has been closed.