Moving from Families to regular personal 1Password

shawi1
shawi1
Community Member

I signed up for a trial of 1Password for Families and really like it.
However I tried to register my Wife but found out it was not compatible with her Windows 7 PC. From what I've read in the forums this doesn't look like it will be fixed soon, so I have a couple of questions:
1. Is it possible to convert a Families vault to a personal 1Password vault?
2. If I buy a license for personal copy of 1Password, will their be a discount if I later move to a families account once the Windows 7 support is available? I don't want to pay $50 today for a perpetual license and then have to spend an additional $5 per month for SaaS in the future.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2016

Hi @shawi1,

Thanks for being among the first to try out 1Password for Families! It's great to hear that you like it. :)

As an early adopter, your account will automatically get a $10 credit in addition to the first month free, so that adds up to your first 3 months free. We do expect to have Windows 7 support by the time you'd be billed for anything.

Is it possible to convert a Families vault to a personal 1Password vault?

You can easily move items between Family vaults and personal vaults. You can also export a Family vault's data at any time as long as you have export permission for that vault.

If I buy a license for personal copy of 1Password, will their be a discount if I later move to a families account once the Windows 7 support is available?

Originally, rather than an early adopter special, we had planned on allowing you to add your existing license and receive your discount. This ended up requiring a lot of work and would have chewed up a lot of our time.

In the end, we decided to invest that time into continuing to improve 1Password and kept things simple by offering this early adopter special to everyone who signs up before March 21st: $10 account credit, twice as much storage space, and the ability to invite two extra family members for free. At the end of the day, we want to make sure we give some extra love to those who helped get us here, and we felt this was the best way to do it.

In the meantime, your wife can download 1Password for Windows on her PC and take advantage of the 30-day free trial. If that trial expires before Families support is added to 1Password for Windows, email us at support@agilebits.com with a link to this forum thread and we'll see what we can do for you.

This discussion has been closed.