I am trying to use dropbox to sync data from an iPhone to an Android device. It's not letting me.

Swingin_Sixes
Swingin_Sixes
Community Member

An error message comes up saying "A 1PAssword vault wasn't found in this folder. Please check that you have the correct location" when I try to sync from my Android device to Dropbox. I used Dropbox to sync my previous iPhone.

Is there away around this?

Thanks!

Comments

• Hi @Swingin_Sixes. Thanks for getting in touch with us today!

1Password on Android uses the AgileKeychain format for Dropbox and local storage sync. We don’t support the OPVault format for these sync methods yet, but this is something that we are planning on revisiting in the future.

Do you still have access to the old iPhone, or do you have 1Password on any other devices? If not, do you have access to any other devices (such as a Mac or Windows computer)?

• Swingin_Sixes
    Swingin_Sixes
    Community Member

Yes, I still have access to the old iPhone.....however, I only have a work PC and can't download 1Password. I was hoping to transfer without using a PC

• @Swingin_Sixes The good news is that you should be able to do this without a PC. And actually there isn't really any bad news... there's just a number of steps that you will need to follow in order to switch to the AgileKeychain format that is used by 1Password for Android:

1. Disable sync on 1Password for iOS (which has its own internal database)
    2. Launch 1Password for Android, and select I’m new to 1Password to create a new vault
    3. Go into Settings > Sync and enable Sync
    4. Select Sync using Dropbox, and give Dropbox permission
    5. If there are no .agilekeychain vaults in Dropbox, 1Password will create the new one at /Apps/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain
    6. If an .agilekeychain already exists in Dropbox, 1Password for Android will not prompt to create a new AGK. Instead, it will ask to sync with the existing vault. In this case, rename existing .agilekeychain vaults in Dropbox with a different extension (for example, .agilebackup — this can be done on a computer, or through the Dropbox website). Then configure sync on Android again, and 1Password for Android will create the new vault: /Apps/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain
    7. Once 1Password for Android completes creating the new vault and Dropbox is finished syncing, enable Dropbox sync again in 1Password for iOS and select the new vault: /Apps/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain
    8. If 1Password for Android gives the error "No Downloads found", create a new test item on 1Password for iOS, use Settings > Vaults > Sync Now, and then pull down to trigger sync on Android as well. That should get everything back on track.
    9. 1Password for iOS may warn that there is a vault mismatch. Tap More Info and then Merge to combine the data from the internal database in 1Password for iOS with the 1Password for Android .agilekeychain vault in Dropbox

Please make sure to keep the existing .opvault folder until you are sure that all of your data has synced over correctly to 1Password for Android. This will serve as a backup in case anything goes unexpectedly wrong. Let me know how it goes and especially if you need any additional help!

• Swingin_Sixes
    Swingin_Sixes
    Community Member

Thanks for the attempt but unfortunately that didn't work. It gets lost at step 7 - iOS won't sync the data with agilekeychain. When I select that folder, it says 'Please wait, downloading encryption keys and item details', but after a few seconds it kicks me out of that screen and goes right back to 'start syncing' screen. Nothing has happened. Starting to think I'll need to enter these one at a time........

• @Swingin_Sixes I can imagine that's pretty disheartening to think that you'll need to re-enter all of your logins manually. While that is sometimes required in extreme circumstances, I don't think that we're there yet. I was able to reproduce the problem that you described by following my own steps with a new test vault that I created. After consulting with my colleagues, I found that creating a new item in 1Password for Android fixed things.

Once you're at step 7 where 1Password for iOS allows you to select the folder but then doesn't complete the sync, could I get you to switch to 1Password for Android and create a new login item there. Once you've created and saved that item, wait until 1Password for Android completes its sync with Dropbox and then try setting up sync on iOS again. After this step, I was able to get the items in my test vault on iOS to sync with my Android device. Hopefully that works for you as well!

• Swingin_Sixes
    Swingin_Sixes
    Community Member

Awesome, I'll give it a try. Thanks for all the help!!

• Great! Let us know how it goes! :)

• Swingin_Sixes
    Swingin_Sixes
    Community Member

That did it!!! Don't know how to thank you, you saved me hours of mind numbing work!! Thanks :)

• Woohoo! I'm so glad to hear that did the trick. :lol:

This discussion has been closed.