Will it ever be a multi-user login on the software/apps?

Options
JDidrik
JDidrik
Community Member

Hi,

I have been a happy user of 1Password for Windows and Android for several years now, but I have allways had the same problem. i have never been able to make my wife use it. This has primary been beacuse we share our one home-computer and Ipad, but have each our own work-laptob, synced with our own dropbox accounts. This has made it troublesome syncin personal vaults across Devices. But now, with the new families solution I think most of our problems are solved. Beacuse of the new neet web Interface. So my only question is: Will it ever be a multi-user login to the apps/computer-software?

Keep up the good work! And i apologize for any typing errors.

Best regards,
Jan Didrik

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Aleen
    Aleen
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JDidrik,

We know that having multi-user logins would be helpful for all sorts of teams (especially families!), but there are a lot of things to think through before we can even start working on such a thing. I can't promise that it's something that we'll ever do, but you never know what might happen!

For now, your best bet is to use separate accounts on your computers or use the 1Password for Teams web interface as you have been :)

Let us know if you have any other questions!

• JDidrik
    JDidrik
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the answer @Aleen !

I do agree that on the computer it is an acceptable solution to use separate accounts. Just not for us ;)
    But I put in an vote for seperate user login on tablets like Ipad. I really do belive that there is a lot more people that shares one pad. And at least for my wife and me, more and more browsing is now done on the ipad instead of the computer :)

I wish you a joyful weekend!

Jan Didrik

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the feedback, Jan! Yes, I agree. Though Apple has designed iOS to be a single-user system it is very frequently (especially with iPads) used contrary to that.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.