Questions re: moving to Families plan ...

Options
speedmaster
speedmaster
Community Member

I've been using 1Password on my iPhone 6S+ since September. Wife has been using it on iPhone 5S and iPad Air.

But we don't use it on the desktop browsers. Very close to pulling the trigger on the Families plan and have some questions.

1. My wife and I have a ton of entries in our personal vaults on our iPhones and iPad. Will we lose those items when we move to the Families plan?
  2. How does 1Password work on the desktop (Windows 10 and OS X)? Via stand-alone app? Browser extension?
  3. Is there a version available for Chrome OS? We have a couple Chromebooks in the family.

Thanks in advance,
Chris

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• speedmaster
    speedmaster
    Community Member
    Options

I created a Family account on my phone, 6S+. Invited my son. He accepted and I confirmed in my email. He setup the app on his iPhone 5S. But I don't see the '1Password for Teams' option in Settings on his phone, like I do on mine.

What am I missing?

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• Aleen
    Aleen
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @speedmaster!

Thanks for taking the time to post your questions :)

My wife and I have a ton of entries in our personal vaults on our iPhones and iPad. Will we lose those items when we move to the Families plan?

Oh no! Your exiting vaults will be just fine. You can add your Families account to any 1Password client and your current data will still be there :) Here's how: Add your 1Password account to your iOS device.

How does 1Password work on the desktop (Windows 10 and OS X)? Via stand-alone app? Browser extension?

1Password works on OS X and Windows 10 via stand alone apps, the cost of which is included in your Families subscription. You can download 1Password for Mac from us: 1Password downloads page. 1Password for Windows 10 is available on the Windows store. Note that it's in beta right now, but we're working hard on it!

You'll also want to install the browser extensions on 1Password for Mac so that you can fill information right in your browsers. It's available from the downloads page I linked above :)

There isn't a browser extension for Windows 10, but you can use the in-app browser when you want to log in to a site and fill your usernames and passwords automatically.

Is there a version available for Chrome OS? We have a couple Chromebooks in the family.

There's not an app available for Chrome OS, but you can always use 1Password in the web browser!

Please let us know if you have any other questions!

• speedmaster
    speedmaster
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Aleen! I also left another post about my son's phone. He has a 5S and I can't seem to get the Family option on his phone. The option doesn't appear in Settings.

• Aleen
    Aleen
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @speedmaster!

My first thought is that maybe his phone isn't on the latest version of 1Password for iOS. Would you check to make sure he's running iOS 9 and has 1Password 6.2.2?

• Aleen
    Aleen
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Just wanted to let you know that I merged your two discussions, @speedmaster! Sorry I didn't see your question about your son's phone until now :)

• speedmaster
    speedmaster
    Community Member
    Options

No problem, thanks again! After waiting an hour all of a sudden he got that menu item. Weird, but he can now see things in the shared vault. But for some reason he can't seem to add new things. I'll retry tonight.

• Aleen
    Aleen
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's really weird.

As with computers, sometimes restarting iPhones can clean out whatever's been gumming up the works; that might help. If that doesn't help, please let us know and we'll do some troubleshooting :)

This discussion has been closed.