login into applied.apple.com does not populate username & password

Locker
Locker
Community Member

I tried to demo to someone the marvels of 1Password on his iPhone.

1) I was pleasantly surprised to see that there is no cost for the regular (non pro) version. (I'm old-timer when it did cost).
It was not clear to me right away if there are any limitations to the regular version except the features listed under the "Pro features". e.g. I hope there is no limit on number of items that it can store.

2) The problem came when I proudly tried to make the first item: selecting the first predefined "Login: Apple ID", everything looked simple (see note below). I entered username and password and the item was created. However, when trying to use this entry, 1Browser failed to populate the username & password on the sign-in webpage. Even trying to use the 'key' button below while in 1Browser, it didn't populate the fields. I tried to generate a login item manually, but it didn't help. (that was a setback for the demo!) (I was able to restore some confidence by going to Safari and calling the info from 1Password. It worked there). I guess it's something specific to the applied website, because my next demo to another website was ok).

2a) Note 1: [positive] Being an old-timer, I generate items on the Mac side, while in Safari, wth "Save Login" which does not exist on iPhone. It was nice to the the many predefined login options on the iOS.

2b) Note 2: [not so positive, but you can say it's my fault :) ] When I tried to generate a login item from 'scratch' without using the predefined, I didn't put any URL value in the website. When I tried to edit and add the URL, I was trying to enter it by editing the top "website" field instead the one below (where in gray text there is the example "https://www.example.com". In my 'defense' I thought was like in the case of entering a password, where I should type it on the first line where it will appear as ***** and be shown on the line below it. Yes, I understood after a little while that I'm trying to type the URL in the incorrect field name "website" instead of the line below. It's not a bug in 1Password, I don't have a better idea at this moment. Maybe you can come up with some foolproof idea :)
(and I like the option to change the name of the field "website" so don't take it away)

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.2.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Good morning @Locker! Thank you so much for taking the time to write in. I'll take your points one at a time here:

1) I'm glad you are happy with our pricing model around 1Password for iOS. We really wanted to strike a good balance between the free and pro features and didn't want to do things like limit the number of items for free customers. So, no, you won't hit any sort of item cap in the free version.

2) I'm sorry that you hit a problem while demoing 1Password! That's not cool. I was able to replicate the problem and have opened a bug ticket for it. You are indeed correct that it is a problem on the Apple ID website.

2a) I'm glad that you like the New Login creator on iPhone, we're pretty happy with how it came out as well. You may be interested to know that you can indeed save logins on iOS as well using 1Password extension. After you've filled in your login information by hand you can bring up the 1Password extension and choose 'New Login' and it will build a login from the fields you've filled in.

2b) First off, if you can't figure something out in an app it is not your fault. It is never your fault. It means that we've designed or implemented a feature wrong and we need to do better. :) I can see your confusion here, and while it may not be any time soon, I'm hoping we can do better.

• Hasebjan1101
    Hasebjan1101
    Community Member

Apple is the best

• Thanks @Hasebjan1101, I'm pretty partial to the fruit company as well. :)

This discussion has been closed.