Want to try families, but use same username as teams account that briefly tried

Options
tulbox
tulbox
Community Member

I would like to try out 1Password for families, but would like to keep the same username as a teams account I very briefly tried when it was first announced (didn't go any further with it because price-prohibitive). Two questions then:

1. How do I switch the "teams" account to a family one?
  2. Assuming I can just try it out before committing?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @tulbox,

Thanks for taking the time to write in! I'm glad to hear you're interested in 1Password for Families. We do plan to offer an option to change a Teams account into a Families account in the future, and that'll come with the early adopter benefits. Unfortunatly that isn't quite ready yet, but we'll be sure to let everyone know when it is. :)

Ben

• tulbox
    tulbox
    Community Member
    Options

Sooo...you're saying I can't use my desired username (e.g. username.1password.com) because it's reserved for a team, but I can't switch that team over? Should I just start using the team one assuming that will be able to switch it to family one prior to the March 21 promotion end?

• tulbox
    tulbox
    Community Member
    Options

Additionally, while I would be using 1Password for Families for my family (wife, first child before long, parents, sister, etc.), wife is part of business and we would keep business credentials in it in addition to personal. Still okay licensing?

I need separation of business from personal which multi-vault would be perfect for, but I've given up hope that 1Password for Android will ever get multi-vault support.

• Ben
    Options

Our recommendation at this point would be to continue using the family Teams account until the conversion is available. When it becomes available it will still be possible to redeem the early adopter promotion.

There are no licensing restrictions on what kinds of credentials (personal, family, work, etc) you can store in what kinds of accounts. If you want to store business credentials in a Families account that is prefectly acceptable. We'd have no way of knowing anyway. ;)

Ben

• tulbox
    tulbox
    Community Member
    Options

Our recommendation at this point would be to continue using the family Teams account until the conversion is available. When it becomes available it will still be possible to redeem the early adopter promotion.

I'm assuming you meant to say "using the Teams account until the conversion is available." Correct?

• Ben
    Options

Using the Teams account that you've created for your family, if you prefer. ;) Yes.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.