Family Account password....

Options
jolipoli
jolipoli
Community Member

When i set up my new family account, i created a new Master Password to combine with the Account Key. Based on its name (Master Password), I assume I'll be entering this to open the 1Password app for my Personal Vault in my Family section. So this Master Password will be both my 1Password App password, and the password for logging into the web interface for my Family?

At this point i'm still entering the Master Password for my longtime Primary Vault that does still exist and is still being used on all devices.

Thanks!

Comments

• jolipoli
    jolipoli
    Community Member
    Options

As I've acclimated to the Families setup in 1Password, and where and how things work, I've moved almost everything from my original Primary Vault.

May I assume that if I maintain the Primary Vault, even if it had no items in it, that that will continue to be the Master Password I use to unlock the 1Password app? And if I did delete it, then I'd have to use my Master Password that I use to log into the web interface as the Admin of my Family account? Is that how it works?

Thanks!

• Hey @jolipoli,

Glad to hear you've joined Families. :) You're correct that your Master Password for your Primary vault unlocks the app even after adding your Families account.

May I assume that if I maintain the Primary Vault, even if it had no items in it, that that will continue to be the Master Password I use to unlock the 1Password app? And if I did delete it, then I'd have to use my Master Password that I use to log into the web interface as the Admin of my Family account? Is that how it works?

That's exactly how it works. The only thing is, there's not a button to simply delete the Primary vault. We don't recommend doing this at the moment, but if you really want to use things in Families-only mode, it is possible. This forum post has some details on the matter: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/282406/#Comment_282406

We'll add a way to do this directly in the future. :) Hope that helps.

This discussion has been closed.