Rich icons don't sync

Options
Michael Tennes
Michael Tennes
Community Member
edited February 2016 in Families

If I manually add a rich icon to a 1Passwod software license item on a MacBook using a Family shared vault, none of the other computers or iOS devices see it.

1Password Version: 6.0.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 6.2.2
Sync Type: Dropbox & 1P Families

Comments

• rob
    Options

Hi, @Michael Tennes.

I'm not able to reproduce that problem. I added a custom icon to a Login item just now in my family account in 1Password for Mac and it showed up for me in 1Password for iOS. It did take a few seconds, though. Could you check again to see if it has synced now?

• Michael Tennes
    Michael Tennes
    Community Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

I added the rich icon by dragging the Mac OS X app from the the Applications folder on MacBook to the the image editing dialogue box in 1P. This application is NOT installed on the other devices. Could it be linked to the application?

Below is what I see on all the other computers that this is shared too.

• Michael Tennes
    Michael Tennes
    Community Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

This is what I see on MacBook Pro where I added icons.

• Aleen
    Aleen
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Michael Tennes!

It does seem like there's a bug here! I think we've found a workaround. Let's try this:

• Edit the item on device where custom icon hasn’t synced
    • Single click the icon to select it
    • Tap the delete key on the keyboard (this should kind of reset the icons state)
    • Save the item
    • Wait a moment, then check the icon on another device.

Does that work for you?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2016
    Options

Hello again, @Michael Tennes.

During further testing, I discovered an alternative workaround to what @Aleen suggested while she and I were originally looking into this bug.

In 1Password on any Mac where you've added a custom icon to a Software License item in a Teams vault that isn't syncing to other instances of 1Password, simply edit that item (press ⌘E with it selected), then immediately save it (press ⌘S). No other changes to the item are necessary. After a short wait, look for that item on your other systems/devices and it should have the correct custom icon.

Please let us know how it goes if you give that a try, which reduces the number of item edits. :)

Thanks!

ref: OPM-4124

This discussion has been closed.