Multiple field password

Options

Hi, I searched the forum for similar problems with no luck.

I’m trying to autofill a website with two password fields.
Here is the website

1Password Version: 6.0.1
Extension Version: 4.4.4
OS Version: OSX 10.11.2
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb-search:multiple field

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JolinM,

Thanks for contacting us for help with this! As long as you use the 1Password browser extension to save a Login item for that site, it should be able to fill both password fields. If you already saved a Login item for that site but it isn't filling both fields correctly, please follow these steps to save a new Login for that site. Does the new Login item work correctly?

I tried the same thing and 1Password seems to fill both fields correctly (although I can't actually sign into the site since I don't have an account there). Please let us know how it goes, thanks! :)

• JolinM
    JolinM
    Community Member
    Options

Following these steps, I can only get the upper field to fill.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @JolinM,

That's strange. I tested the site like Drew did and after saving the Login item I reloaded the page and attempted to fill. Both fields fill for me.

Now I can guess odd behaviour if both fields have the same value which is something we will need to look into but assuming the two fields hold different values then both reliably fill for me.

Can I ask, after you followed the steps in the guide Drew linked you to, did you alter the Login item at all before attempting to fill using it?

• JolinM
    JolinM
    Community Member
    Options

It is indeed quite strange. The first time, I can fill the field, but that’s about it.
    And when I go look into 1Password, not both field are registered…!

Here’s a screen grab off my process.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JolinM,

Thank you so much for the screenshot as well as the video, they're extremely helpful for us! :)

And when I go look into 1Password, not both field are registered…!

They are both saved in the Login item, but only one is shown in the main password field near the top of the item details. You can see that both are saved if you click the "show web form details" button.

The first time, I can fill the field, but that’s about it.

I'm not able to reproduce that by following the exact same steps as in your video. However, looking back at your first post, I see that you have version 4.4.4 of the 1Password extension installed. That's an older version, and I think that might have something to do with the problem. Please try installing the latest version to see if that helps:

• Open Safari and go to the menu option for Safari > Preferences.
    • Select the Extensions tab, then select the 1Password extension.
    • Click the Uninstall button, then confirm you want to uninstall it.
    • After uninstalling the older extension, you can install the latest version from our extension download site.

The Safari Extension Gallery currently still has an older version of the 1Password extension, so please make sure you install it from our own extension site to make sure you get the latest one.

Does that help?

• JolinM
    JolinM
    Community Member
    Options

Yay, with the 4.5.3 extension, everything’s working as expected.
    Big thanks for the support; life’s better now!

• Hi JolinM,

Thanks for letting us know. Great to hear it is working now.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• JolinM
    JolinM
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Kevin, it’s not working anymore with the 4.5.3 extensions, neither in Safari or Chrome :( Don’t know what I can try.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JolinM,

I'm sorry to hear it's a problem again! I've moved this thread to our "Saving and Filling in Browsers" forum so we can get some more help for this issue if necessary.

Can you please elaborate on the current issue? Is this happening with the same site as before? Is it still happening just like in the video you previously posted? Have you tried to save a new Login item for that site again to see if it helps? If something changed on that website which caused the current Login item to stop working correctly, saving a new Login item might help with that.

Any details you can give us about the problem and how/if it's different from when you contacted us last month might be helpful. Thanks in advance! :)

• JolinM
    JolinM
    Community Member
    Options

Indeed, it worked by simply remove it and add it!

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the update, @JolinM! I'm glad that worked for you.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.