Feature request: don't save passwords in private browsing

Options

Currently in private browsing mode if you log-in to a new site, it asks to save the password. Don't think the browser extension should ask to save logins if you're in private browsing mode. This likely don't need to be a setting, as if you're browsing privately you wouldn't want anything to be saved.

1Password Version: 6.0.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @rxguy. While I certainly understand your position, I don't think this is something we will do. It would lead to a lot of confusion for users when 1Password simply stopped responding in certain situations. I will say that if you're using Chrome, you can disable 1Password's ability to load in Incognito mode, which would accomplish what you're describing. I understand you'd like to avoid it, but 1Password itself is private. Everything is encrypted and your list of logins doesn't leave your computer in any way we can read.

If you're really concerned about it, you can disable autosave yourself when using private browsing and turn it back on as you need it. Or, simply leave autosave off and embrace manual save so you don't have to remember to turn autosave off and back on.

I hope that helps. Let us know if you have any other ideas or questions.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.