Auto-fill 3 or more fields

Options

Hello,

I'm new to 1Password. I've been having trouble trying to figure out how to get 1Password to auto-fill a website that requires more than just a username and password to get into it.

The page I'm trying to log into has 3 text fields:
Company Name: (plain text)
User Name: (plain text)
Password: (password)
Agree to terms: (checkbox)

I've been trying to make 1Password auto-fill the Company Name field, but it just won't do it.
I've tried to add a standard text field under the "show web form details" section in preferences. Still no go.
I have 1Password 6.0.1 for MAC (El Capitan).
Thanks for any help on this!

1Password Version: 6.0.1
Extension Version: 601003
OS Version: OS X 10.11.2
Sync Type: Local

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@JonD0H the usual solution for problems like this is to re-create and save the login manually. Have you tried that?

Stephen

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JonD0H,

I hope Stephen's suggestion was helpful! When you save a Login item from the 1Password browser extension, it allows 1Password to 'learn' details about the sign-in form which helps it to correctly fill that same form in the future. Once you save the new Login item with those steps, try using it to sign into that site. Hopefully it works, but we're here for you if you need more help! :)

• JonD0H
    JonD0H
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,

Sorry for the delay. I tried that, but it didn't seem to stick. It would work for a couple or tries, but then it wouldn't do it again. So, I would repeat the process and it work work again for a couple of tries, but then stop. Since it is rather infrequent, from the time I started this thread, I'm on my third attempt to make it stick. It will work several times, but then a couple of days later, it forgets the additional field.

• Hi @JonD0H,

Often times it's not 1Password "forgetting" but the web site developer will change the information needed to identify the field we need. 1Password's filling engine does a fair bit of work to identify username and password fields, but user-defined fields are not always possible if the field information changes. We continue to look at improving this, but in the mean time, filling custom fields is not always possible.

Thanks for taking the time to write in. Please reply if you have further questions.

Regards,
    Kevin

• JonD0H
    JonD0H
    Community Member
    Options

I'm not sure if this adds any clues to what's going on, but I noticed that when 1P "forgot" the third field, it also "forgot" the field name in the 1P forms view when you click "show web form details". When I'd re-create it, the field names would be back. Also, the vendor doesn't update the site that often. At least not every couple of days (as is the frequency of my issue). They update the site about once every 2 months.

This is what is looks like before it "forgets" the field:

This is what it looks like after it stops working:

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @JonD0H,

So you're saying every so often the web form details section changes whereby the names of the fields disappear?

The labels being set to the empty string would interfere and cause filling to stop working so the question is why is this happening? I've never seen spontaneous disappearance of data like that but if you are syncing (and you mentioned local sync in your first post) I'm wondering if there is another copy of 1Password that is overwriting the edits made in one copy of 1Password with bad data. What is your sync setup like and could this be a plausible source of the issue that we investigate? At the moment it would seem the strongest possibility as I haven't come across an instance of this before.

• JonD0H
    JonD0H
    Community Member
    Options

My sync setup is the following:

1> Primary vault, where this issue is happening, is a local vault on the same drive as 1P is installed.
    2> Shared vault. A separate vault that I share with a colleague for different/shared logins. This vault is on a network drive. He has his own login for that same site saved in that vault. My login is kept only in the local vault. He has the same issue, but is waiting for me to fix it.

The only other tidbit I can think of, related to deleted fields, is that I have the 1P plugin for Firefox. I also have Firefox set to delete all data on close. I don't think that should have any effect, but I'd thought I'd mention it.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @JonD0H,

So the first part I can reassure you of is that your Firefox settings won't be the cause. I use an application called Cookie and I have it wipe stuff every time I shut down a browser. The extension is actually just a bridge so we don't hold any detail in there.

If I've understood correctly, you're syncing your primary vault to your internal drive, is this to create a form of backup or is there another copy of 1Password that interacts with it? It there isn't another copy of 1Password that reads and writes to this Agile Keychain then that blows my theory out of the water.

We might need for it to happen again (I realise not a great sounding plan) but have you create a diagnostic report right after seeing it happened. By waiting for it we make sure whatever happened is fresh in the logs to give us the best chance of identifying what happened.

If this is the route we go down the following will prove useful at the time it happens.

I would like you to create a Diagnostic Report please. This guide will assist.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+forum@agilebits.com.

When sending the diagnostic report to the address above it would help immensely if you could include a link to this thread and your forum handle so we can connect the two.

Once you've sent the report a post here with the ticket ID will help us to keep an eye out for it. With access to the report we should be able to better assist you :smile:

What I can say is this is very puzzling.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JonD0H We received your diagnostics report and are looking into it. We will reply there to keep the investigation going. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.