Teams Admin Master Password not working - possible to elevate member to admin status?

Hi there!

Even though I created an emergency kit for admin, I can't get the master password to work. Now I have Teams working for everyone except the admin :) Is it possible to elevate one of the users to Admin so this issue can be resolved?

thanks for a great product!

Rhys

1Password Version: 6.02
Extension Version: 4.5.2
OS Version: OS X 10.11.3
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hey @rhyscazenove! Sorry about that. First up, could you have them try signing in from a different device to make sure the keyboard isn't doing anything funky? They can also look for their printed Emergency Kit with the Master Password they wrote down in it. Otherwise, if there's only one admin on the account, not all is lost. Do you have any members of the Recovery group? If the admin added some folks to it, those members can recover the admin's account. :) This knowledge base article has details on that:

1Password for Teams Admin Guide: Account Recovery

If not, the only way for us to help you restore access is for the account creator to email us at support@1password.com and request that the account be deleted. We don't store the Master Password and can't reset it for anyone since we aren't on the account, and the account is its own little sandbox. We're happy to delete it so everything is set up smoothly in the future, though. :)

• rhyscazenove
    rhyscazenove
    Community Member

Thanks Penderworth. Unfortunately, I have the emergency kit with written password, but it's not working, have checked against other devices, and do not have any other people in the recovery group. An email to support is all that's left... Thanks anyway!

• @rhyscazenove Ah okay. Well, we're happy to help you out with deleting the account then. Please move your data out of it if possible before emailing in to make things a bit simpler. ;)

This discussion has been closed.